Killer Lies: Chapter Eighteen ~ Change Your Life Forever

** I don't own the Harry Potter world, characters or places. They belong to J.K. Rowling. I'm simply borrowing them. Remember to READ, COMMENT, VOTE, LIKE, TWEET and FAN if you haven't already. Now, enjoy. ES <3 **

Chapter Eighteen ~ Change Your Life Forever

Christmas night, the group spent sprawled all over Blaise’s elegant room. Neville was asleep, lying on the bed while Ginny and Luna slept on Draco’s bed, which had been brought over to Blaise’s room by the house elves. Draco and Blaise were sitting on the couch watching the other three sleeping; each sipping on Firewhiskey.

The party had been enjoyable. They had talked, eaten, danced and drank, of course. And now, while the others slept, Draco and Blaise talked, for real. Draco had immediately muttered a quick Muffliado, filling the other three’s ears with unidentifiable buzzing, allowing Blaise and himself to talk in peace without being overheard.

Draco’s eyes didn’t move from the sleeping redhead.

“Stop that, mate,” Blaise told him.

“Stop what?” Draco asked, finally looking away from Ginny.

“I know you fancy her. You can’t afford that with your other profession, Draco.” Blaise explained as he took a sip of his Firewhiskey.

“I don’t fancy her. She’s just... the thing is – well, she’s just good eye candy.” Draco tried to clarify his relationship. “It’s only for now. I’m sure once I shag her, I’ll get her out of my system.”

“Even you don’t believe that,” Blaise snorted.

Draco grimaced as he ran his fingers through his hair. Blaise was right, so bloody right. It wouldn’t work, even he knew that. He looked back at Ginny, her flaming red hair against the pitch black sheets. Her pale skin flushed due to her tossing and turning from whatever she was dreaming about.

Draco was yearning to lie beside her, in Luna’s spot, his arms wrapped around her slim body. He was imaging the way their bodies would fit together when a jet of water splashed against his face.

Aguamenti! Aguamenti! Aguamenti!” Blaise repeated over and over again, splashing Draco continually. Draco jumped up, blocking his face from the jets of water.

“Quit it, Blaise.” Draco hissed as he wiped his face. He was drenched now. Sitting down, he glared at Blaise who was smirking as he crossed his legs and glimpsed over at the sleeping Neville.

Draco followed Blaise’s line of sight to find Neville lying on his side watching Blaise and Draco. He had a small grin on his face as he watched the pair sitting there. He pointed toward his ears and shook his head. Blaise smiled and winked at him, nodding his head towards Draco whose gaze had turned back to the sleeping redhead.

“I’m going to sleep,” Draco growled. He stood up and looked one more time at Ginny with longing.

“Don’t even think about it. The spot is already taken,” Blaise told him as he kicked Draco towards the couch and made his way towards the bed. Neville blushed as Blaise slid under the covers next to him. Draco, angrily, threw himself on the couch and looked over at Blaise and Neville. Blaise smirked as he cuddled closer to Neville who blushed from the tips of his ears to his shoulders. Draco frowned as he laid back on the couch, looked quickly at his Red and thought that maybe this wasn’t entirely bad.

~.~.~

The next morning, they had all woken up and gone their separate ways promising to see each other more often though they all knew it wouldn’t happen. They all had their own lives to live; busy with their own things.