Killer Lies

:: Prologue ::

Darkness and Loneliness: two things that completely engulfed in me right this very moment.

It's consuming but how can I free myself from these two overpowering obstacles? Around me, I'm surrounded by darkness; darkness that no one but me can see.

Please, Merlin, help me understand who brought on this strong, overbearing feeling of loneliness? Help me see even though I'm surrounded by hundreds, no, by thousands of able bodies.

Can I rightfully put the blame on another or truthfully, put it on myself?

The air is thick and the city is unbelievably cramped but it is completely dulled out by my ever-present depression.

Can I be happy here? Can I find happiness and security once again in the job that I loved so much? Will I finally feel at home in this strange, unknown place?

Will I ever?

Or will I constantly be reminiscing of my previous life?

I feel the pain once again and all I can think about is when will the time for my daughter and I to finally return home?

Hello, everyone! Just wanted to say a quick thank you for reading, commenting and voting! You guys are all fantastic! This story, Killer Lies, made it to the final round of Watty Awards in 2011! Unfortunately, it didn't win but it made it! :)

** Also, guys, this is an old story. Ideas within are bizarre and out-of-character. I understand that. But if you're not enjoying the story, you can stop reading and not like or comment. I won't be hurt. I understand that sometimes certain ideas don't resonate with all readers. That's okay. Thank you, and have an amazing day <3**

ES <3