The Mystery Revealed?

Chapter 3

(Jennifer’s POV)

          “Okay, well, here goes nothing. I was born to two human parents who both carried the Bloodline Alpha gene in their DNA. Since they both had older siblings they never got the chance to shift but, I, their second child was born 50% human. Apparently, my father was attacked by a demon before I was conceived and passed on that trait to me. At the age of seventeen I was attacked by a vampire and bitten. They also happened to carry a very rare mutation that was passed to me which allows my blood to comingle and exist in harmony with that of any other supernatural being. I’m the only person in the world who could survive the blood of two different species in their body and live.”

          “I have no shred of humanity left in me, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have a soul. I am stronger than the world’s strongest vampire x 10, which goes for faster, smarter, and etcetera. If I wanted to I could kill you both right now in less than a second without even moving because of my mind tricks, of course I would never kill you, it’s just an example. Enough of that though for this second I need to tell you the reason why I moved here. You see, I’ve made lots of enemies in my life and every single one has teamed up to kidnap me and torture me until I join them so I could be their little ‘secret weapon’. Obviously that is impossible since it would take at least 20 vampires to even restrain me and I wouldn’t give in even if they kill me, which they wouldn’t be able to do. No, the reason I moved here was for the safety of my parents because they aren’t much but they are the closest relatives I have since I’m not that close to either of my grandparents. So, um, yeah that’s about it for right now. Do either of you have any questions for me?” I revealed my whole story sounding confident the whole time except sounding nervous about asking if they have any questions.

          “How did you make so many enemies in the first place?” Peter asked me with genuine curiosity.

          “Well I trespassed on private property that was owned by this clan of vampires and they were not happy at all, of course they only think I’m a vampire and nothing else. They wanted me to join their clan, I said no, tried to leave, and they started a fight with me, which of course I won. That’s why they are after me, because they were amazed that a 17 year old vampire could fight and win against 5 older vampires by myself.” I answered his question honestly although I think there might’ve been a hint of amusement in my eyes. Honestly, I have way more enemies than I told them about but they don’t need to know because I’m still not sure if I can trust them completely.

          “I want you to teach me how to not have to change every full moon, if you can? You said all you need is control and maybe you could help me with that?” Peter stated with hopefulness in his eyes.

          “I’ll be at your house at 5pm tomorrow, which is about 2 hours for whatever before the moon comes up.” I told him

          “Okay that sounds cool; I guess I’ll just change tonight, um, would you like to meet them? My pack I mean?” Peter asked me with…wait, is that a blush on his cheeks?

          “Well, my demon powers do allow me to take the shape of a small wolf so I would love to run with you. I’ve never ran with a shape-shifting wolf before but sure, I guess, I mean I don’t have anything better to do.” I tried to reply nonchalantly but excitement crept into my voice and was very evident from the wide grin on my face.

          “See you later Nathan! Come on and I’ll introduce you to the pack. Oh wait; do you just want them to think you’re a demon?” Peter asked seriously.

          “Actually, if you think they can be trusted then we can tell them the whole truth and I know you have more questions so I’ll tell you later or tomorrow at your house okay?” I told him with a small smile on my face.