Game Almost Over

August

"Summer you gon' have ta' call child protective services." I looked at Summer as she held the baby.

"August I can't do that. I feel so connected to her. I need to call my father and find out what's going on. He may know something about this.

"He may know more than you think." I mumbled getting up from the sofa.

"What did you say?" She bounced the baby up and down.

"Nothing Summer. It's so much strange shit going on man and I feel like I can't trust no one. The only person that I can trust is Amp. He has been legit from day one. As you can see I don't hang with too many niggas cause niggas be on that foul shit." I sipped from my Bud Light.

Summer looked at me for a long intense moment. As she stared at me, my mind went to how good she looked with the baby. She was very attentive to her and I knew that she would be a great mother. Right now we that was the last thing that I needed to be worried about. I still hadn't told her about what happened with me.

"Summer I need to talk to you about something." I took a seat  on the sofa beside her.

"What's going on?"

"That letter that you gave me had a cryptic, but clear message behind it."

"What do you mean?"

" I mean that my brother's death wasn't an accident. It was planned more so of a setup, a setup in which your father was behind." I glared at her to see how she was going to react.

"August my father may be a lot of things, but I don't know if he would stoop that low." She shook her head.

"Apparently you don't know your father too well, but I hate to break it to you sweetheart, your pops ain't shit. I ain't tryna be rude, I'm just stating real shit." I sipped from my beer.

"I know that you are not fond of my father for your own personal reason, but I will not let you disrespect him that way." She stood taking the baby back upstairs.

I sighed and leaned back on the sofa. This shit was just too much. I see right now Summer is going to be in denial, but she better wake the hell up and realize that this shit is no longer now joke. This shit is real life. I stood and headed upstairs because this conversation wasn't over.

Summer

I laid baby girl down and I stared at her for a long moment. I just couldn't understand why someone would leave her on my doorstep. It's odd. I know things of this nature happens, but it's something about this whole thing that feels like it's some kind of connection. I sighed and rubbed her chubby cheeks as she kicked her feet. Lord I just don't understand.

"Summer we need to talk."

"August I'm through talking about this." I turned the baby monitor on and moved past him.

I got all of two steps when August grabbed my arm, turning me around. He glared down at me angrily and the look in his eyes was deadly.

"Summer that day that you came to my office upset, was it because you saw something that set you over the edge, something like your father and Callie?"

"H-how did you know?"

"Summer I know a lot of shit. I have been throwing shit out there for you to catch on, but you don't or either you just don't want to. There is so much going on and sooner a later it will all come out. So you better prepare yourself." He let me go and walked into the bedroom.

I stood there wishing that things were different. I wanted to erase everything that I had seen, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. This is one of those times that I need to be prayed up and prepared for what maybe getting ready to take place.

Jackson

I was busy writing out my sermon for Sunday when my doorbell rang. I was just about to answer it when I heard my brother yell he had it. I placed my reading glasses back on and continued to write out my sermon. I hear a female's voice and I rose my head getting up from my desk.

I walked up the hall and as soon as I turned the corner my eyes widened in surprise. I let my eyes roam her curvy frame. She was flawless and she made my manhood stir looking at her. My hackles rose because I never thought I would see her again.

"Hello Jackson." She smiled

"Sheryl you look amazing, but what are you doing here?" I stepped closer to her.

"I'm only here to let you know that you want be living so glorious." She looked around at my house shaking her head.

"Sheryl why are you really here? Is it because you need some money. How much do you need? I'm sure we can work out some kind of agreement." He replied smugly.

"Jackson you dumb as hell." Jordan commented.

"Jordan shut the hell up."

"Your brother is right Jackson. In fact your brother is the one that called me over here."

I gave my brother a death glare. I don't know what kind of shit he was on, but I be damned if he tries to play me. I was about to say something else when I heard my phone ringing. I let it ring because I had more pressing matters to worry about. I looked at my brother and my ex-wife like they had lost their mind.

"What the fuck kind of games are you trying to play. You think that you can out smart me. I been doing this shit for years and there is no way that you can stop me now. Only God can."

"And God will." Sheryl replied.

"No I have God on my side. How do you think I made it this far?" I smirked folding my arms across my chest.

"Jackson you really have made a deal with the devil. He had your mind all twisted. He has you believing that you are invincible. You not invincible and your game is almost over. Trust and believe that."

"Oh so you are supposed to be holier than thou now?" Jackson questioned.

"This isn't about me being holy, this is about me stopping you. You have caused so much damage to people especially to our daughter. I'm just going to sit back and watch this unfold. The real reason that I came here is because I wanted to know what the hold up was with my money."

"What the hell are you talking about? You don't have any money. I made sure of that."

"No, you thought you made sure of that. I'm actually pretty wealthy. See that money that was loaned to you actually came from me. You thought it was from Devil's Angel's. Tony and Troy are related to me. Tony was the one you met and made the agreement with, but I was the one in charge; therefore it seems like you owe me."

"Jordan did you know this shit."

"Jackson I know a lot of shit. Like how I know that your bum ass ain't no real pastor. You went out to LA and paid for a license to pastor and paid to be ordained, but I ain't no damn Kermit which means this is my business."

I felt like I wanted to pass out. This shit was unreal. How and why was this happening. Everything and I mean everything was crumbling around me. Seconds later my door bell rang again and I wondered who the hell that was.

"You want me to get that or do you have it?" Jordan asked.

"Go to hell."

"I already been."

I walked to the door and swung it open. When I did I just wanted to drop dead where I stood when I saw the people on my doorstep. Shit was about to go all wrong.

"Summer....."

Uh oh Summer, the baby and Aug on his doorstep. Let's see how this plays out. Get ready for a whirlwind of drama to unfold. It's on the way!

Excuse Mistakes!