God's Plan

Sheryl

"Well if it isn't the pastor's flunky." I crossed my arms and watched as his eyes widened. I knew that he thought I was long gone and I would never be seen again after I left.

"S-Sheryl, what the hell are you doing here?" He turned, but tried to be slick and grab the gun that was under his seat.

"Looking for this?" I held up the 9mm and smirked.

"Man I don't know what you want or what you or after, but Jackson is on some crazy ass shit."

"So am I or I wouldn't be in this car. You know I could easily take you out and get away with it, but that's too easy. Besides that ain't God's Plan. You are going to pay for all your deadly sins, one being the devil's advocate and then for the murder of August brother."

"I had no-"

"Tell the truth and shame the devil Jerod. You know you had your brother's to set him up that night, but you thought that nobody knew. God knew and I knew. How do you think that all this is going to play out once the truth comes out? Then Jackson owes money to people and I know that he has forty-eight hours to get it back to them. I know for a fact that he has it and has been had the money, but greed got in the way. Self got in the way."

"Oh so this is about money then huh? You broke and you want money." Jerod smirked thinking he had the victory.

"No baby boy. I got money a whole lot of money. See the devil is always busy, but God always has a master plan for his people. I was good and devoted wife to him and he couldn't even cherish who God blessed him with, but its alright now because I'm winning and uh...Jackson, he is surely losing."

"Let me leave a familiar scripture with you: 1 Timothy 6:10, For the love of money is the root of all evil....

With those final words, I got out the car and disappeared just as magically appeared.

August

I looked down at Summer as her head rested on my chest. She looked so peaceful and she was just simply amazing. All I could think about was me knowing all the horrid details about her father. I feel like it was all in God's plan for us to meet because along the way she was gon' need me and I felt in heart that I was going to need her.

My momma always told me that God places people in your life for a reason and it may only be for a season, but I believe this is going to be for more than a season. She started stirring in her sleep and I pushed her hair outta her face.

"Morning handsome." She smiled with her eyes still closed.

"Morning beautiful. How do you feel?"

"I feel amazing although I'm still a little sore, but it was worth it." She opened her beautiful eyes and looked at me.

"You hungry?"

"Yes. Are you going to cook and feed me too?"

"If that's what you want then that's what a nigga gon' do."

"That's what I want." She kissed my chest.

"Summer..." I warned.

"What? I didn't do anything." She smiled innocently and kissed my chest up to my neck.

"A nigga starting to think that you want me for breakfast instead. Is that what you want baybeh?" I reached down and grabbed her ass.

"Maybe I do. Are you gon' feed me and make sure that I'm filled all the way up?"

"You already know how this bouta' go down." I rolled her on her back and gave her what she wanted.

********

"August where are we going?" She whined as I lead her out the back.

"Summer just trust that I ain't gon' lead you wrong. I gotchu."

"Baby I do trust you, but my feet hurt."

"I told you not to put them damn heels on, but I love how they make you look like you bow-legged though or it may be the way I laid this dick on ya that got you looking bow-legged." I laughed and she hit me in the chest.

"You play too much."

"You wasn't saying that this morning."

"I plead the fifth."

"You better." I smacked her butt and when continued to walk through the trail from my house.

We finally got to the small pond that was surrounded by a rose garden. I watched as her eyes lit up and she turned and pecked my lips several time. I grabbed her face and deepened the kiss.

I pulled back and she stared at me dazedly. I could see all the love in her eyes and I wondered could she see it in my eyes.

Summer

I looked at August and I knew that I was hopelessly in love with him. The more I looked at him I knew that he loved me too. This was new to me because this is the first time I have ever experienced this type of love, this type of connection. It was a wonderful feeling, but I was a little bit nervous about it all.

"August, why are you staring at me like that?" I reached up and caressed his cheek.

"Summer, you are tha' most amazing woman and your spirit is so beautiful. I always wanted ta' connect with a woman spiritually and with you I did."

"I'm glad we did too and I'm just glad that we were blessed to cross each other's path." I grabbed his hand walked by the pond.

He got behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist as I rested my head against his shoulder. This was a peaceful and beautiful moment, but in the pit of my stomach I sensed trouble on the horizon.

"Aug-" I was cut off by the ringing of his phone.

He pulled it out and he answered it.

"Fuck! I'm on my way."

"August , baby what's wrong?

"Somebody trashed my club......."

Just a lil filler or a teaser to lead up to the next events.

Shout out to my little sister for this new book cover! Love it!

Excuse Mistakes!