epilogue

A rippled reflection of herself stares back in the colored see through substance. Humid air frizzed her fair locks, and made her skin moist with perspiration. Today was Rory's last on the island she'd called home for eight solid years.

Her bare feet dipped into the lake, shattering the image, the water cooler than it had been at the beginning of summer. Rory hummed, taking in the sights and sounds of this paradise one last time. But her time in this idyll was cut much to short when Owen Grady called to her from the porch of their two bedroom bungalow.

Rory slipped her legs from the wet inland pool and back onto the dock. She slid her sandals onto her feet before padding up the cut grass. Rory grabbed her last suitcase and carry-on bag from her guardians outstretched hands.

Her hazel irises scanned the azure horizon one last time before she packed her luggage into the bed of the black truck and slammed her door shut.

Goodbye, Jurassic World. Goodbye, Charlie. See you on the flip side, Rory thought as they rode off to the landing dock to board a ship.

Her heart filled with sadness as they arrived at the port. The thought of finally leaving sunk in and Rory pierced her lips with sorrow. "Come on, Roar." Owen grunted gesturing to the boat stopping when he spotted his goddaughter's expression. It sported one of misery, and Owen decided to leave the teen alone. "I'll give you a minute," he said, boarding the vessel and leaving the blonde to her thoughts.

Rory's head filled with memories, as she glanced around at the breathtaking scenery. Her tank top showed her scarring arm and she momentarily remembered the fight that had caused one of the Velociraptors, Echo, to have one much like it.

Rory rubbed her small hands together, giddily grinning at the four dinosaurs that were about the same size as her ten year old self. They were still quite young, only three years of age themselves.

Charlie, Rory's imprinted Velociraptor, stood off to side of the other animals. Her light scales reflected in the sunlight. Rory felt someone sit next to her on the metal footbridge and she looked over to see it was Owen.

She giggled softly as Owen ruffled her curly hair. The two turned their attention back down to the Raptor pack. Blue and Echo were currently barking in their tongue at the other. "Elvis and Blue causing any trouble today?" Owen inquired. Rory grinned slightly at Echo's nickname, before shaking her head to answer his question.

"Not that I know of," Rory chirped back, her voice holding its childlike higher pitch. Although she was still young, the girl knew a lot about the parks dinosaurs, especially the mammals below her.

The duo watched intently as Blue and Echo became louder with their bickering. Lately, the two Raptors had been fighting over Alpha powers in the pack.

"Uh, oh," Rory uttered. "Should we separate them again?"

Owen shook his head, standing up from his previous position. "No. They need to learn to respect each other; us moving them would only prolong the problem."

Rory nodded and then gasped as she watched Blue raise her claws, scraping them down Echo's face. Echo yelped, backing away from the agitated dinosaur.

That day forward, Echo's chauvinism had died down somewhat. There weren't that many other problems between the two girls. They now seemed to respect each other.

Although Echo's face was scarred from that day forward. Just like Rory's skin which Elvis ended up scarred years later.

Rory's eyes unclouded from the recollection as her phone binged from inside her pocket. Her pristine phone had arrived the other day (her previous one had been destroyed by a rabid hybrid the pervious week), and she'd wasted no time getting Zach Mitchell's new number from his aunt, and Rory's ex-coworker, Claire.

The screen lit up, blurring her background and screaming the time of 9:53 am.

Text from: Fuckboiiii Zachary

i know you're sad about leaving Jurassic World but the real world isn't half as bad either, princess

The girl rolled her eyes, her thumbs quickly typing back a reply. But Zach was right. Leaving Isla Nubar was a good thing. Rory had a chance at a normal life now. She grinned, pocketing her cell and boarded the watercraft without a second look back.

E N D

// not my best tbh, and my writing style keeps changing ajskdl
anyway there's still 2 bonus chapters coming :)))
and these bonus chapters are basically one shots between Zory after this story ended