eleven

A few minutes passed in silence between the three who'd been together since the start of this whole mess. It wasn't necessarily an awkward quiet. No, the teens were past that (a life threatening situation can do this to people, you know). The silence they were in was more . . . anxious, and riddled with their hovering fears.

Rory fiddled with her hands, staring off into oblivion, stopping only when she felt Zach's warm fingers cover hers gingerly. She smiled fruitlessly at him, her mind to uneasy to live in the moment. Finally, fed up with the silent wallowing, the blonde girl twisted in the seat she was currently sharing with Zach and moved the metal separating the children from Claire.

The two Mitchell's + Rory stared over the fiery redhead's shoulder, watching the live footage being taken from the top of the Velociraptor's head straps. "Your boyfriend's a badass," Zach stated, as the sound of Owen revving his motorcycle engine floated from the screen. Claire smiled in agreement.

Rory swatted his shoulder. "You can't ship it!"

"Why not?" the oblivious brunette shot back. Rory rolled her eyes. Ignorant butthead.

"Because," Rory drawled in a low tone. "If my guardian and your aunt get together, then you'll be like my step cousin or something . . and then we--I mean, we can't be--ugh, forget it." Huffing, Rory leaned back from the boy. What she had really wanted to tell him was that if Claire and Owen ever became a serious thing, than Zach and Rory couldn't. And as much as Rory acted like she didn't want that adorable treacle haired idiot to be hers, she not-so secretly wished for it to be a thing.

Zach caught on to what she was saying and his mouth formed a small smirk. "Then we can't be what, princess?"

Rory puffed her cheeks out and blew air on the boy's face in a childlike way. Zach narrowed his bright eyes playfully. If they hadn't been in the middle of a potential dinosaur apocalypse he would have tickled the fair haired girl until she was laughing so hard she cried. But waiting to see a genetically modified animal be killed wasn't the time, and Zach found himself more than mildly disappointed.

Hesitantly, the duo turned their attention back to the mobile device that was held in Claire Dearing's hand. But as soon as Owen, Barry and the rest of the military squad exited their transportation vehicle, Claire declared as she shut the small window, "You know what? No, no, no. You guys are not going to watch this. Keep the window closed."

Rory protested along with the boys, but she had already decided she wasn't going to have it. Being shut out of a plan she had helped create, and even having a front row seat to the action. Rory was shaking her head with disappointment. She stood and climbed out of the back of the truck, shutting the doors again before Zach had room to protest.

Rory stalked over the passenger side of the truck, yanking the metal open roughly, and slipping inside. Claire looked over in surprise. "Rory--what? I told you--"

"Yeah, well, you're not technically the boss of me unless I'm on the job," Rory sassed. Although she knew she could still be considered the Mitchell's tour guide even as of now, Rory just needed to know what was happening with Charlie and Owen. She gestured with her hand for Claire to let them share the screen.

Claire pierced her lips, but didn't protest any further, instead holding out the device so it was closer towards the fifteen year old. Rory watched the transmitted feed intently and what she saw was terrifying. "Something's wrong," she uttered the same time Barry did.

"Oh, my god," she murmured as she saw the Raptors call out to the Indominus . . . who let out it's own roar in return.

"They're communicating." Rory swallowed in horrible realization.

"Oh, my god." Claire Dearing repeated what the girl next to her had said.

"Is everybody dead?"

The question startled Rory, and her body (along with her heart) jumped with surprise. She hadn't noticed that the brothers had opened the little window again.

"No, no, no," Claire replied, lying through her perfectly bleached teeth. "Everybody's fine."

"Don't lie to him," Zach exclaimed. Rory placed her hand over his which was resting on the window ledge, and sent the two boys a see through smile.

"He's scared." Claire defended, her voice raising. "It's okay to lie to people when they're scared!"

The next words Gray said shattered Rory's heart. "I wanna go home," the blonde boy moaned out, sounding on the verge of tears.

"Sweetheart, you will, okay? I promise," Claire says. "Tomorrow you will be home . . . and your mother will never let me see you again."

. . . and this was about the time Rory had her second heart attack in the past minute.

A bloody hand came crashing into the driver's window. Claire let out a long ear splitting scream while Rory managed a small yelp, shoving the boys arms and hands back through the window and closing it. "Get out of here! Go!" the soldier cried out in warning, and despite her speedy heart rate, Rory couldn't help but admire the man's heroic gesture of warning Claire to get out of there instead of running like the others.

Claire did as instructed, and floored the gas. Rory banged on the steel window and called out, "Just hold on back there!" She couldn't see what was happening to Zach and Gray, and was very much regretting her decision to sit up front. She felt cold and scared without Zach near to comfort her.

Rory stared at Claire with wide eyes, and cried out as she saw the shadow of Echo, one of her godfather's ex-pack members, speeding towards her. "Claire, look--"

At first Rory didn't register the pain. It felt more like a warm slimy tongue was ripping through her forearm muscles rather than dinosaur teeth. When her nerves finally sent the prickly pain signals to her brain, Rory felt it all at once. A tortured scream escaped the blonde's pink lips. Rory's body immediately retreated back as though that would help the awful agony she was currently under. Rory didn't bother looking at her mangled flesh, and pushed the arm into her chest, nursing it. Claire's shouts continued to fill the air until Echo weaseled her way back out the broken window.

Rory muttered to herself as pain clouded her thoughts, "This is so going to scar. So, so, so, so, going to scar."

Rory hunkered down in the leather seat, and Claire stole a sidelong glance at her in concern. "Hold in there, okay?" Rory nodded, her lips shaking as she finally decided she could stomach to look at the bloody wound. She was lucky her arm was still there. "Are you boys okay?" Claire called out, one eye on the road the other on the adolescent beside her.

Rory smiled, as she heard Zach yell in excitement, "Hey, did you see that?"

"I can't wait to tell mom!" Gray followed suit, and Rory let out a timid giggle, trying to forget about her severed nerves in her arm.

"Please, no. Do not tell you mom about this ever," Claire protested, as the car jolted over a section of uneven ground. Clenching her teeth, Rory decided to shut her eyes for a minute.

// what is this? it's chloe's first ever DOUBLE UPDATE! yay yay yay. you're lucky i love you guys so much.
25 comments for new part please :)