one

Mornings.

This was one thing (among others of course) that Rory Morson hated.

The said girl grunted violently with annoyance. Her shining hazel eyes glared hatefully at what was pushing her tolerance. Her alarm clock. God, she hated mornings.

The time read 10:34, and the intolerable beeping hasn't shut off. Instead of moving to get ready, she continued to stare at the object. A buzzing came from her nightstand, and her arm reached to pick it up.

"Hello," Rory answered, finally pressing the 'off' button on that damned machine.

"Rory! I have a job for you to do for me," a feminine speaker said through the cell.

Rory squinted not quite recognizing the voice. She moved the phone from her ear, reading the caller's ID. Claire. What a treat.

"Does it pay more then my present one?" She questioned to the redhead.

Claire nodded vigorously before remembering she was calling, and Rory couldn't see her. "Yes. I'll double your salary for the day."

Rory inhaled sharply, her mouth twisting into a smirk. "Okay, shoot."

"I need you to pick up my nephews who are coming in today at noon. You need to give them a tour and stick with through the whole day, okay?" Claire explained.

"What do they look like?" the 15 year old questioned, ready for the description of the two boys she was going to stuck with.

"Oh, um. One is like high school age. And the other is um . ." Claire struggled to describe the relative's that she didn't really know.

Rory sighed impatiently. "Just tell me their names." She snatched up a pen and paper.

"Zach and Gray Mitchell."

"Don't forget about doubling my salary." Rory reminded her before ending the call and finally getting out of bed.

It was summertime in the southern hemisphere, and Rory was spending it working. She was originally from America, but when her parents died, she moved in with their close family friends, Owen Grady, who just so happened to live on the Jurassic World's island.

The girl swiftly pulled on a pair of jean shorts and blouse before grabbing the piece of paper, and leaving a voicemail for Owen, telling him she had a different job today and to tell Charlie, her Velociraptor, that she was sorry she couldn't visit her.

The dock was crowded as always, and Rory felt slightly awkward being the only one standing against the traffic of people.

A boy in a grey hoodie and jeans, followed by a smaller one in a plaid shirt and shorts slowly approached her. Rory dropped the sign down. "You two must be Zach and Gray?"

"Where's Aunt Claire?" Gray immediately asked.

"Apparently she has a busy day, and can't make it. Sorry kid, you're stuck with me." Rory ruffled his hair.

"Who are you?" the older one said sharply.

"I'm Rory." the blonde smiled. "Come on, I'll show you to your rooms, yeah?"

»»

"Chill, Gray." Zach called out numerous of times at his speeding brother.

"Can't he slow down?" Rory questioned, slightly jogging to keep up with the child.

Zach sent her a look, almost studying her before bluntly responding with a "No."

Okay then, Rory thought, rolling her eyes at the attractive boy.

Rory swiped the resort key card into the door, before sticking it out for the eldest son to take. "This is where you'll be staying, for however long . . ."

"A week." Zach cut her off.

"That's fun." Rory nodded, handing him the VIP wristbands their Aunt got them.

"Well, how long have you been here for?" Zach snapped.

Rory thought, licking her lips. "Um, 8-yeah 8 years."

"Woah eight years?" exclaimed Gray. "That's got to be like a dream."

Rory smiled slightly. "I guess so, yeah. Just wait one second, and we'll go meet your aunt and then check out an exhibit, alright?"

Gray buzzed around the room, and Zach fell back onto the single king bed, his phone in hand.

Gray moved the curtains to the balcony, staring in awe at the scenery. "I can't wait any longer."

"Rory said to," Zach replied blandly, and Rory frowned slightly at the sibling bond that she was witnessing. She'd kill to have a brother or sister, and here Zach was being a huge ass douche to the poor 13 year old.

"Let's go," Rory said finally, leading them from the hotel room and into the innovation center.

Gray raced through the room stopping in front of a hologram. He tapped the screen 4 times saying, "The same four things that are in every living thing."

"Hey, don't run off like that," Zach said approaching him. Rory thought Zach was actually going to show some sort of emotion, before he continued. "Mom's not paying me to babysit you."

Their tour guide scoffed, pushing roughly past Zach, and pointed Gray over to where their aunt was coming down the stairs.

"Gray! Is that you?" Claire called out.

"Aunt Claire," screeched Gray, racing towards the older woman. Claire finished descending the staircase, and ended her phone call as Gray wrapped his skinny arms around her torso.

"Oh, you're--you're so sweet," Claire said, awkwardly patting Gray's back. Rory snickered quietly, causing for Zach to somewhat smile at the girl.

Zach then approached his Aunt silently. Claire looked up at her nephew in surprise. "Whoa, Zach. Last time I saw you, you were like--" Claire gestures to a height a bit smaller than Gray's. "That must have been what? Like 3, 4 years ago."

"7," Zach said, loudly. "It's been 7 years but you know, close."

Rory gaped. "7 years? Jesus, you're the world's best aunt, Claire." Zach let out a short laugh, while Claire glared at her youngest employee. Rory smiled sarcastically back at her before glancing away.

"Anyway, um. I see you've already got your wristbands, and this is for food." Claire quickly changes the subject, and places an envelope into Gray's hands. "And Rory here, will take great care of you until I'm done working tonight, okay?"

Gray sadly asked the red haired lady, "You're not coming with us?"

"Oh, I--I really wish that I could, but uh." Claire sighed looking between the 3 kids in front of her. "But tomorrow, I can take you to the control room. You know, behind the scenes. That'll be fun."

Rory yawned, rolling her eyes, and Zach nudged her slightly. She grinned at the boy, who looked away from her quickly, smiling.

Claire's phone made a bing noise, and she slowly started backing up. "Okay I will see you tonight? At 8? When do you go to sleep? Or do you go to bed at different times?"

Zach and Rory exchanged equally annoyed looks with one another. Claire quickly decided to leave, knowing she wasn't getting anywhere with her relatives. "Okay, well I will see you after work. Bye!"

Gray watched her go, before huffing and turned towards to the 2 high schoolers. "What now?" Zach looked expectedly at Rory, who was smiling.

"Let's go see the Mosasaurs."

// . . and chapter one is done!