fourteen

The battle of the Indominus Rex versus the Tyrannosaurus Rex was on the verge of being in full swing, and trust Rory when she says you did not want to be there. When Rory looked outside of the sanctuary of the gift shop for the first time since she went in it, she wished she was somewhere-- anywhere else.

The incinerated body of Echo lays inside a restaurant grill, and across the square another Velociraptor sized hole is in the side of a concrete building. Rory physically flinches as she realizes that all of her beloved Raptor pack was deceased.

Underneath the Rex's sliding tails and among the scattered skeleton bones, was Claire. Her legs sprawled behind her, half raised by her elbows. Her bob hair cut is tangled, and her face shines with sweat--although everyone's probably is.

Rory glances at her Godfather who is staring at the redhead with such a caring expression she wants to hit him. Even though neither her nor Zach had made a move yet, she wanted it to happen very much so, but Owen and Claire's relationship couldn't happen for their's to take off.

Stop, Rory chided herself, shaking her head at her childishness. You sound like a jealous fruit bat.

The fifteen year old girl was ripped from her thoughts by Owen hunching over Zach, Gray and her simultaneously blocking her view. Now the girl can only hear what is happening and silently wishes that Claire was over here with them. She shouldn't have to be out there alone in this horror show.

Rory's eyes widened as she watches the Indominus rams the T. Rex's head through the side of their shop wall. Owen quickly moves her back, and shamefully Rory turns from the dinosaurs realizing she has a habit of freezing in situations like these.

Claire's eyes widened as she sees the building her nephews and coworkers are currently residing in is on the verge of collapsing.

"Run!" she hollers, her voice filled to the brim with the terror she feels.

Rory fearfully stares up at the ceiling, ignoring the Dino's cries from outside the building. The roof was about to concave. "Go!" Owen yells, shoving the blonde and her companions out. "Go, go!"

Rory yanks the Mitchell siblings behind her as she sprints out of the store, sparing a glance at the fighting carnivores overhead. The hybrid slams the Rex down on top of where the four had been perviously standing. Owen shelters the teens with his body as debris flys around them.

Rory charges forward as soon as possible and joins Claire behind her trusty rock. She gives the woman a small smile, before turning her attention back to the fight.

The Indominus bares her teeth, using one of her clawed feet to hold down her pray. "Come on, girl," Rory cheered quietly to the Tyrannosaurus. "Get back up! You can do it." But the T. Rex seemed to have grown tired and was now awaiting her fate. Rory bite her dark roseate lip, wanting to look away but not seemingly able to.

Just before the Rex's life is cut short, a Raptor call pierces the sudden quietness of the night. Owen and Rory share a look of disbelief. "Blue," they chorus with slight smirks etched on their faces.

The recently thought dead Velociraptor runs rapidly at the lighter colored Rex. She launches herself off of the fallen Tyrant Lizard King and into the Indominus' side. Blue ruthlessly bites her haunches. The dazed T. Rex regains her senses and moves forth to attack the beast who started this whole fiasco.

Zach pulls Rory along as they follow Owen, Gray, and Claire through a store. They are forced to abruptly stop as Blue is flung through the glass window in front of them. Rory's fear of the last of the Raptor's to be killed off is quickly dismissed as the beta hops back onto her feet and rejoins the war.

Rory stares in amazement as the T. Rex hurls the Indominus into the side of a large building causing a shower of light flashes and more detritus. The Rex's continue to battle head to head relentlessly until the Tyrannosaurus smashes her opponent in the Mosasaurs tank.

The Indominus Rex seems dazed as she recollects herself, letting out a cry that is easily overpowered by another. Behind the animal's Mo rises from her underwater inhabitance. The water mammal locks her jaws around the Indominus' neck, dragging her into the tank to finish her off.

The two dinosaurs disappear beneath the deep waters and never resurface. The T. Rex almost immediately lumbers off, but Blue stays, turning her head towards her true Alpha. Owen detaches himself from the group. Rory lets out a sob knowing that her godfather is letting the beta go. Zach reassuringly rubs her shoulder as they watch the exchange. Blue's reptilian eyes calculate Owen's face as he shakes his head. She turns towards Rory for confirmation of these actions. Rory approaches Owen from behind, standing next to him.

Giving the animal a watery smile, Rory utters, "Goodbye, Blue." She gestured with her hand for Blue to go, and Blue obeys running off without a second glance.

Claire and her nephews join the two now ex-Velociraptor trainers on the completely destroyed street.

Choking back a sob, Rory twisted to face Zach, burying her face in his neck. Trying to lighten the mood, Zach said, "That was so the whole Jurassic World experience."

Rory giggled, sniffling a bit as she replied, "Yeah; next time you visit, we'll be sure to have another Hybrid cooked up to release on another rampage just for you."

The group laughed, but everyone knew there wouldn't be a next time. For visiting or being chased by a blood thirsty GMO.