Chapter Eight≪ Screams In The Night

As Sunday came around, Scott gathered his things. He had to leave considering tomorrow was Monday and he had to go back to work. He headed out the front door with Ryan and I following. We all stopped at his car and he turned to look at us. Ryan and Scott gave each other one of those guy hugs. Scott turned to me and I gave him a tight hug.

"You're welcome here anytime, Jund," Ryan said once we separated.

"I know," He chuckled.

We backed away from his car as he loaded his belongings, got in, and started out of Ryan's driveway. Ryan and I waved goodbye as we watched him drive off. After he was gone, we headed back inside and plopped down on the couch. He turned on the tv and flipped through channels. We eventually decided on Aladdin.

We sat there and watched the Disney movie, occasionally talking. The movie came to the part where they were about to sing A Whole New World. Ryan looked over at me and gave me a cheeky grin.

"I can show you the world!" He began.

I tried so hard not to smile. I majorly failed. I started to smile uncontrollably and softly giggle.

"Shinning, shimmering, splendid! Tell me, princess, now when did you last let your heart decide?"

I felt my cheeks burn at the princess part. I felt weird, especially since he was looking me dead in the eyes. I still smiled, though.

"I can open your eyes! Take you wonder by wonder! Over, sideways and under on a magic carpet ride! A whole new woooooorld!"

He turned to face me and sat with his legs crossed. He took my hand and held it with his. His eyes shone in the sunlight pouring in from the windows. His bright green eyes seemed even brighter. There was something dancing around in them, but I couldn't figure out what.

"A new fantastic point of view, no one to tell us no or where to go or say we're only dreaming! A whole new woooooorld! A dazzling place I never knew, but when I'm way up here, it's crystal clear, that now I'm in a whole new world with you~"

It was adorable. So freaking adorable. His singing and him singing to me. I just thought it was so cute.

He leaned closer to me and gave me this cute, derpy little smile. I smiled back at him and softly laughed.

"Tell me, princess, now when did you last let your heart decide?" He sang softly, it was almost a whisper.

Then I noticed that he was slowly leaning closer and closer to me. . . And I was leaning closer and closer to him. I didn't know what had come over me, but I couldn't seem to stop myself. We were just about to kiss when Ryan's phone rang.

Startled by the sudden noise, we both harshly flinched. Snapping out of my trance-like state, I shook my head. Ryan frantically looked about for his phone. He found it laying behind one of the empty pizza boxes from Saturday.

"U-Um. . . Hello?" He answered.

I slowly stood up and made my way to the kitchen.

"Oh. Hey, Pewds," I heard Ryan speak right before I walked into the kitchen.

I stood in front of the sink, staring out the small window above it. My thoughts went right to what had 'almost' happened back there. We had almost kissed. . . And I would have let it happen. I stood there thinking about it. I've never kissed a boy before. Hell. I've never had a boyfriend before.

I held my forehead with my hand as I thought about it. I don't even know how I feel about it. I don't even know how I feel about him. . . Yes. . . I think he's adorable, cute, nerdy, sweet, and attractive. But just because you find someone attractive, doesn't mean you have feelings for them. My feelings for Ryan. . . I'd never thought about him in that way before. . . But. . . Do I actually have feelings for him? I don't know. . .