t h r e e

t h r e e

Gulping down another glass of Bourbon, Florence lounged on her couch, her laptop on her lap and cellphone beside her. She tried to keep track of everyone and make sure they'll all well and not still injured. Whilst Scott, Boyd and Isaac went on a cross-country fieldtrip, Cora went back to the scene of event with Peter in hopes of finding Derek.

That had been almost five hours ago and she still wait for a call or even a text from them telling her more information.

She was anxious, extremely anxious of how things are going on in the world outside her dark house. The plain page that was screened on her laptop awaited to be written on. Florence was a writer, or she made herself up to be. She was in the middle of writing her first novel before she had the urge to return to Beacon Hills.

Writing was the only thing that kept her from completely losing her mind. But now, with Derek dead, it was almost as if nothing could distract her from him.

Buzz!Buzz!

Except the buzz of a phone. Jumping with start Florence reached over and grabbed the phone. The notification lit up on screen and she read it with half open mind. Message from Derek. It took her a moment to digest the writing but when she did, her heart leaped with hope and she pressed on it quicker than she ever did anything else.

Derek: Hey.

Florence frowned at the simple text and furiously tapped on the keyboard and sent back a message in which he quickly returned.

Florence: You're alive and first thing you text me is 'Hey'?? Derek you're an asshole.

new message,

Derek: sorry, I didn't think 'Hey, I'm live haha' would be a great conversation starter.

She rolled her eyes and acknowledge that sarcasm was great sign of good health.

Florence: Are you really alive?

She didn't know why she sent that, maybe because she wanted proof. She need to know he was actually there. That this wasn't a hoax.

Derek: Yes. I got help from Jennifer.

Jennifer? Who was Jennifer? Florence thought with a distaste. How was he getting help from her and not Florence? Why did he choose to seek her out before her? Another buzz in her hand drew her from her thoughts.

Derek: Sorry, Jennifer Blake. She's a teacher at the school. I was trying to walk back to my loft when I fainted in front of her car. She got me home. She let me heal...

Florence sighed and mentally kicked herself for being so childish. He's safe and well, why did she care if he got help from another woman? All that should matter is that he got help.

Florence: I'm sorry Derek. I should've saved you, I should've gone back for you.

Florence: I want to see you if that's alright. I want to see you, possibly hold you and ... I don't know I just need to see you....

(!) unsent.

A breath hitched in her throat as she looked at the red exclamation mark and sighed with relief. She didn't understand why her brain even thought about typing that message out and sending it to him but she was thankful it didn't send.

No reply came after her first message and so she let it be. He was probably getting some rest.

Florence downed another half a bottle of bourbon and tried to get something done around the house but she ended up dancing in the dark to a Bruce Springsteen track on her own. A white Willy-Wonka styled sunglasses on her face and heels on her feet that were out of place with her red silk pyjamas.