f i v e

f i v e

Rain poured down heavier than earlier as the black SUV raced down the empty streets. Derek was more than grateful that they empty - but little did he know a large mould of traffic await ahead of them. A scowl plastered on his face as he continued driving, rethinking everything that happened that evening. Florence who sat in the passenger seat with her arms crossed kept sneaking glances at him every once in a while. In the back Jennifer sat very still and quiet, half afraid of what the alpha and witch in front of her would do if she moved an inch.

For the ninth time Derek caught Florence looking at him, his mind was on overload but he didn't speak. He was too frustrated to speak, his brain demanded him to stay quiet. what? he thought knowing with her witchery powers she would receive the telepathic message.

Nothing, you just seem a little tense. She replied, showing her worry in the way her mental voice sounded.

Derek looked towards her direction before looking back at the road and taking a right turn - immediately they met by a herd of cars all lined up in traffic form, bright red and yellow light illuminating the dark evening.

I'm fine. It's not like every day you find out your girlfriend is a psychopathic bitch killing innocent people. oh wait, not for me!

When Florence didn't reply Derek considered the conversation over.

.

After a few declarations by Jennifer telling Florence to just flash them into the hospital, and declines from the witch, ("Too much exposure - I'm sure someone will notice two cars zapping out of traffic.") They finally got to the hospital and all five of them scrambled out of the cars and rushed in.

Scott exchanged a few rushed words with his mother before they piled into the elevator. Florence pushed the button to Cora's floor and they waited patiently.

When the bell of the elevator dinged , the passengers rushed out of it and rushed towards the room Cora was being held in. They realised just then that the entire floor was empty.

Florence turned to Derek, "What now?"

.

(Denver)

The sound of electricity snapped around the dark room. A groan seeped out of a man no older than mid-twenties. His dirty blond hair stuck to his wet forehead and his old clothes were torn and covered in blood.

The man, Fletcher Jones, was strapped onto an electrocuting chair. He was coming to, his battered eye making everything around him seem blurry to no end. "Hello? Help me. Somebody, please..."

A hand come contact with his chin that startled him into yelling out. "Shh," A taunting voice cooed, a long slender finger glazing his lips. The man whimpered as he tried to blink his bad sight away. The blurriness only decreased by a smidge and he could now see a figure kneeling in front of him.

A man with electric platinum blond hair and pale white skin smiled over at him. It was a haunting smile, not a genuine one."It's okay, little one, do not struggle."

"What do you want? What am I doing here."

The man ignored his questions and eyed him properly. "You are Fletcher Jones, I am right? Brother to Florence Jones, the witch." An audible gulp sounded from the younger man. "I'll take that as a yes."

He got from and began to walk away from him. The man pulled off his white fur coat, leaving him in his silver armour and his tribal tattoos exposed. "You know I've been looking for your sister for ages now but I cannot seem to pull through. I tried to trace her blood but it only lead me to you. So I guess everything that happens to you, you can put the blame on her."