t w o

t w o

Ding!Dong! The door once again rang and Florence dropped her ongoing conversation with SAM to go open the door. Derek stood in the doorway with the same dull expression on his face. A figure stood behind him and Florence was quick to identify it with a name. Peter Hale, in flesh and bones had the audacity to stand at her doorstep.

Sensing the anger rise in her bloodstream Derek said, "He followed me here, something about wanting to say hi to his old friend."

Peter smiled his usual mockery smile and put up a hand in a wave form. "Hi," Not long after was he wobbling and clenching his jaw from the impact of the blow Florence initiated at him.

Without letting either of the men say a word Florence turned around and fixed her tight sleeves. "Right, let's talk shall we?" She lead them down to the lair.

"So you said you sensed danger here?" Derek broke the ice as he and his uncle sat down on one of the chairs around the table. His eyes scanned the room seeing the less than a dozen of computers on the walls around the room. "And that's why you're back?"

"And there I thought you came back for me, Florence. Pity, I thought we were close before the tragedy that occurred a few years ago." Peter mocked grinning at the witch as she paced in front of them.

"Now is not the time Peter. And you should know every well why I refuse to acknowledge your friendship asshole and if you don't then you're more heartless than I thought." Florence snapped back at him, her eyes narrowed, a scowl forming on her features like a mother would at her child. "Anyway, we should get a hold of information of whatever danger is bound to happen before it does."

"How are you so sure it's not the Alpha Pack? Because we know about them already."

Florence held up a finger at Derek as if he made a point then turned to the table between them, with a few clicks here and there the table lit up holographic blue and she tapped on the keyboard to bring out a file. Deucalion's Alpha pack was marked burgundy red in the middle. "Because I have the Alpha packed traced here, whatever they're planning it hasn't evoked trouble with my senses yet. but here," The werewolves followed her hand, with wide surprised eyes. The table computer was a lot to get used to Florence supposed. She pointed to a dark black dot floating in another part  of screen. "That's the spirit of darkness I sensed. They're completely different."

"Right, well since you have literally everyone pinpointed on you little,... device here, why can't you pinpoint the darkness?" Peter asked.

"Because I already did and when I went to where SAM had it located, it wasn't there. It's like it's in two different places at the same time. Like the angle o f death, it's everywhere but nowhere."

Peter scoffed, "Poetic, really. But I can't help but think we're chasing after nothing when we should be worrying about Duke and his minions."

"Peter's right, unless it brings an actual threat to anyone in Beacon Hills, it's not our responsibility."

Florence raised an eyebrow, they obviously didn't understand each other or else he would make such a competent suggestion. "It's always better to act before chaos erupts, you should know that."

"It's risky too. This darkness could be not so dark. they could be normal people who suffer the same fate as us. Unchangeable fate being tied to who you are forever." Derek stood up and sighed as he looked at the vamp-witch. "If anything happens, we'll be ready to attack but until then, there's nothing we can do."

Florence watched them leave. Her mind was fuzzed and she wondered when Derek became like this, patient. She was the patient one not him, why was he so calm about the whole thing?