Chapter Ten

Nate's POV

I couldn't sleep. That whole night I sat outside of Alana's door. Not being able to go in her room and lay with her was killing me and my wolf. She has no idea how much I love her or what I'd do for her.

How could Drew just leave her home knowing she'd be alone? It's not safe for her. I need to run a background check on this guy.

He's irresponsible. I don't understand what my mate sees in him.

Alana's POV

I've been laying in bed staring at the ceiling for hours.

I heard Nate come to my door, and it's taking everything in me not to get up and let him in.

I need time to think everything through, I just don't understand what's going on.

I picked up my phone, and called Drew but he didn't answer, he must have fallen asleep while working.

I shouldn't have told Nate to stay, if Drew comes home early and sees him here he's going to get mad, but I felt bad after I hit him in the head.

I opened my door and saw Nate sitting with his face in his hands.

"Nate?" I whispered, he looked up at me.

"I couldn't sleep."

"I couldn't either."

He stood up and walked closer to me, he scratched the back of his neck before asking "um do you wanna go for a walk?"

I laughed at his question. "Nate it's 2 in the morning."

He smiled.

"Don't worry I'll stay with you." I went back in my room and grabbed a sweater.

While we were walking we passed a big house that had a pool in the backyard, I shouldn't have said this, but I did, and it was a huge mistake.

"I don't even remember the last time I went for a swim."

As soon as I said that Nate threw me over his shoulder and headed to the persons backyard, I hit his back but he wouldn't put me down.

"Nate we could get in trouble for this."

He chuckled. "Don't worry I know the people who live here."

Right after he said that I was thrown in the water, it was so cold but felt nice.

I saw the backdoor of the house open, a man stepped out.

"Get off my property you little whore."

I was so scared, I hope he doesn't call the police.

I made my way to the edge but when I heard Nate growl I looked up, and noticed he was walked towards the man who now had the look of regret all over his face.

"I.. I...I'm sorry, alpha I didn't recognize her." He was looking down at the ground. Nate lifted his fist and punched him right in the jaw I was surprised that the man didn't fight back.

The man was on the floor with a puddle of blood around him. I ran to Nate and grabbed his fist before he could hit him again. He seemed to calm down as soon as my hand touched his.

"Nate stop you're going to kill him." He looked up at me.

"you're not a whore."

I smiled. "Thanks now can we just go?"

He nodded before getting up and returning to my house.

When we got home I noticed Nate had some scratches on his knuckles, I pulled him into the bathroom and bandaged his whole fist up. He kept repeating the same thing over and over.

"I don't need this." I just ignored him.

I let Nate into my room so I could give him one of Drew's shirts since his was covered in that mans blood. I handed it to him and walked him to the guest room, before leaving I turned and faced him.

"Thank you for defending me, but you really didn't need to do that."

He walked up to me, and cupped my face in his hands.

"You don't have to thank me, I did what I had to do."

I noticed him leaning in, I wanted nothing more than to kiss him, but I just couldn't do it. I pulled away and went back to my room. Once I changed into some dry clothes I laid down in bed and finally fell asleep.

When I woke up I decided to take a quick shower and ask Nate to leave before Drew gets back.

I walked to his room, and knocked on the door, but no one answered. I opened the door seeing the bathroom door was closed. I tried to leave before he came out but as soon as I turned on my heels he opened the door.

He had a towel wrapped around his waist.

"I..I was going to ask you to leave, but as soon as your dressed you can go." I said trying to keep my eyes from roaming his body. He looked down and nodded.

Right when I reached the door I saw Drew and immediately I noticed the look in his eyes. "What the hell is he doing here?" He yelled.

I don't even know what to tell him, I mean he just saw his girlfriend leaving a room with a guy half naked in.

"Drew it isn't what it looks like, I- we didn't do anything you're thinking we did."

I said trying to keep my tears from falling.

"If nothing happened why is he even here?"

Drew made his way out of the house.

"Please Drew just listen to me." I cried while running after him.

"What is it?"

"Okay please believe me, we didn't do anything he stopped by yesterday because..um..because he said he..he needed to talk to you about something."

He shook his head while walking past me.

"I'm going to take a shower and go back to work."

When he got in the shower I went to the guest room and saw Nate leaving. "I didn't mean to cause you any trouble."

He bent down to tie his shoes. I smiled at him.

"You didn't do anything, don't worry about it."

When he noticed that I wasn't mad he smiled back at me.

"Well I better get going." I nodded and walked him to the door.

Drew's POV

I'm not really mad that Nate was over our house but I needed to act angry so Alana wouldn't get suspicious about anything.

I know she'd feel too bad to actually do anything with him. I trusted Alana but I didn't deserve her trust. That didn't mean I felt guilty though, I didn't force her to be with me.

I decided to take a shower and head back to the company, maybe Amy will be there.

__________________________

Sorry it took a few days to update but here it is!!

Let me know what you think about it :)

~Sarah~