Chapter 16

D A N I E L

I was in the forest outside of the city, walking alone on a trail that my parents and I would walk along when I was younger.

I always loved the smell of the pine trees, that's why when my parents decided to move to a different house, I suggested we get one where the forest was just on the other side the fence.

I continued to walk along the trail but stopped when I heard something. I looked around and whatever made that noise was hiding behind a tree that was about ten yards away from where I was standing.

I started walking towards the tree to get a better look at whatever it was. As I walked closer, I was able to tell that it was a wolf before it took off. The weird thing was that it's was huge, wolves usually don't get that big.

I could still see its black form as it ran, so I decided to follow it. I quickly took off after it, jumping no over fallen branches and a big rock every now and then. I got to a little make shift bridge but the last of it had fallen, so I decided to jump to the other side and I landed on all fours with ease. I didn't stop after landing I just kept running till I came up to a small clearing with a stream next to it.

Before I could even turn to look around I was tackled onto my back. I looked up and it was the wolf. It had beautiful golden eyes, it's coat was soft, and it was dark like the night sky.

"You're beautiful when you shift" I heard inside my head before the wolf leaned in and licked my face.

"What are you talking about?" I asked looking up at the wolf.

"Go take a look for yourself," I heard once again before the wolf got off from me.

I got up and walked over to the stream. The reflecting of a white and light brown wolf was starting back at me...

   I sat up on my bed in less that a second. I looked around and then down at my body before feeling my face.

"That was one crazy ass dream," I thought, before I pushed the covers of me.

I looked over at my night stand and the time read seven thirty. I only had about thirty minutes before I usually go to school.

I got out of bed, locked my door, and stripped out of my clothes before walking into the bathroom. I turned on the water then walked to the mirror so I could check if I needed to shave again and sure enough I did need to shave.

I opened up the medicine cabinet and grabbed my shaving cream and razor. I tried to shave in a hurry but that was stupid of me because I ended up cutting my chin in the process.

"Shit, this stings." I hissed examining the cut in the mirror. I ignored it for now and got into the shower.

I quickly showered and got out as I wrapped a towel around my waist. I went back to the mirror to look at the cut without the shaving cream being in the way. I moved my head side to side but I couldn't find a single cut or scratch...

"Well that's weird," I said looking closer into the mirror.

I grabbed my toothpaste and brushed my teeth before I walked out into my room. I went over to my closet and picked out some white cargo shorts and a sky blue shirt along with my sperry's.

"Okay, so you woke up early yesterday, and you woke up late today," My mom said as she walked out of her room.

"Don't judge me," I replied before she joined me at the stairs.

"I can if I want to, I'm your mother," she smiled as we both walked to the kitchen.

"I guess," I said picking up an orange. "But I need to go," I said giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Oh and I have a date today too so I don't know what time I'll leave or go be home," I hollered walking out of the kitchen.