Chapter 10

Stefan sat under the umbrella on the chair waiting for Sam and her grandfather. The table was placed nearby lake surrounded by trees. It’s cool atmosphere. He doesn’t know what will happen today, what her grandfather will talk to Sam? He has been close to him since he was six years. He called him as his grandpa since Stefan doesn’t have any living grandfather.

 He saw someone approaching towards him, and then realized it was Sam. She wore a long white skirt and colorful top. Her hair was loose and she is trying to clear her hair from her face.

She was looking beautiful even in her simple clothing. The way she talked few minutes before to him, he understood that she doesn’t hope much from this conversation. But still she is ready to face it. When she finally approached him, he stood and drawn a chair for her. She sat and thanked him. She pours the coffee for both and gave it to Stefan. He liked it. She always knows what he likes.

She drank her coffee and prepares herself to meet her grandfather. She heard from Stefan that he is a nice old guy but may be he won’t like her. She prepared herself to face him and what to talk to him. Ever since she was a child, she always wanted to have a grandfather, who can tell her bedtime stories, who can teach her everything. Her friends used to have their own grandfather and she began to feel jealous of them.

Pushing her thoughts to back of her mind, she ended her coffee and them she saw him for the first time. He was old man wearing white trousers with white collar shirt. He wore a hat and walked with the help of a stick. He have same feature of his father and also the same smile. When he approached them, they stood.

“Please sit down. The old guy had a lot of respect,” his voice had a hint of amuse.

Sam and Stefan smiled at him and sat. Sam’s grandfather sat next to her and remained silent for few minutes.

“Okay then let me see you clearly, young lady,” he turned to Sam and started looking at her. She sat their silently giving him time to look at him.

“What’s your name you told me?” he asked her firmly.

“It’s Samantha sir,”

“Well, what do you do?”

“I am an archeologist. Waiting for the research time,”

“Interesting. Your father encouraged you,” there is a hint of curiosity in it.

“Yes, very much,” she felt proud at that moment. Yes, her father encouraged her a lot.

“Hmm,” he looked at Stefan and then again to Sam, “why don’t we walk while we talk. I will get my morning walk also,”

She stood up along with him. Stefan began to stand but he made him sit. They walked through the garden and along the lake. It was a private garden with all the natural surroundings. Early morning birds wear singing their songs making it peaceful.

“So, what did you father encourage?” he asked her suddenly while walking along the lake.

“He encouraged with lots of things. He gave me the freedom of going everything.”

“And your mom,”

“She always believes in my father’s words. She too encouraged me,”

“Your father didn’t mentioned about us,” at that moment she saw anger in his eyes/

“No, never,” she replied slowly.

“You never tired,” he asked with curiosity.

“I asked him many times. But he refused to answer me,”