Chapter 9

“So Sam?” Edward interrupted her while she was gazing at the wall behind him.

She jerked back and looked straight into his eyes. He gave her a smile and looked around. She turned her head to see Stefan and Elena watching her. She shook her head while smiling and leaned back to her chair. She never thought this day would come.

They all were dining together in the five-star hotel. Elena planned everything and at the final moment she called her to join them. At first she objected but the queen ordered her to go along with them. Reluctantly she joined them.

Edward and Stefan were in their evening dress looking handsome and Elena looking beautiful in her long off-shoulder pink dress. Sam also wore her favorite white knee length dress with a black strap around her waist. Everyone in the room was gazing at them.

“So Sam, I was asking what will you do after this marriage is over?” Edward asked her.

“Hmm...” she sipped her wine,” I think… I mean I have to make justice to my course, right?” she laughed nervously.

“Yeah, I mean, you should do what you want to do, right Stefan?” Elena looked at him.

“Yeah,” he said slightly irritatingly.

“Okay, enough of the heavy, for past one hour we have been discussing about the palace, the job and also your past,” Elena looked at Sam. She gave her a weak smile.

“So? What do you want to do? After all it was your plan,” Edward smiled at her. Elena smiled shyly.

Everyone can notice the way she look at Edward and the sparks in her eyes, but why would she do that? Only if she likes him or love him?

Sam couldn’t understand since she began to observe them. Elena shared a lot of time with Stefan but her face glow up whenever she sees Edward, even if it’s for few minutes. Does Stefan know anything about it?

She sighed and continued listening to their chatting. The dinner was served in a royal manner and the hotel took ever measures serve them personally. Stefan excused himself for a phone call. After few minutes, Elena’s phone began to ring.

“Hello,” she said and listened.

“Oh no… really…. okay okay I am coming,” she looked worried and hurriedly got up. Edward also got up. Sam looked at them

“Wait! What happen?” He asked her.

“My mom, it’s emergency. I have to go,” she began to leave. Edward stopped her.

“I will drop you,” he looked at Sam; she just nodded her head to continue only to forget one thing that she will be alone with Stefan. They left her behind and exited the hotel. Just than Stefan came to his table.

“Where are they?” He looked at her pointing to their empty chairs while sitting before her.

“They left. Actually Elena’s mom called her so she has to go,” she said casually avoiding his eyes.

“Oh! Okay,” he sighed and called for the bill.

***

“Stop” Elena suddenly shouted at Edward.

He abruptly applied the brake and looked at her confusingly. Elena took her regular breathing and stepped out of the car. She began to feel nervous. She had planned everything correctly.

Nothing has gone wrong now and she has the right moment now to say to him. The cool air began to flow making her shiver. This was the moment. The night was filled with stars and a crescent moon, no one in the street. She heard him getting out of the car and stood before her.