Chapter 2

Prince George William Stefan was staring outside the huge glass window of his office room holding a glass of whiskey. He was sitting at edge of the table. His mind was repeating all the sudden events that happened a month before.

Stefan is twenty-three, a right age to get married, according to his mother. Stefan never felt for marrying and ruling at this early age but due to his father’s illness, the duty to his country comes on his shoulder. His mother Queen Victoria was searching a perfect bride for him. He can't expect more from his mother, after all, she is the queen.

“Mom, why it is that I have to marry before I rule,” asked Stefan while serving a cup of tea for her in the lawn.

They always share their tea everyday in the evening discussing the country’s plan and problems. Stefan was wearing his casual dress. He has those electric blue eyes with brown hair falling on his eyes make a perfect match to his heart-shaped face. His mother with short hair and well business suit dress looked elegant even in her old age.

“Oh dear, marriage brings responsibilities and make you understand the normal life,” replied his mother. Usually Stefan would laugh off when his mother would discuss about the marriage stuff but not he more than worried. His heart can't agree for this, he knew that for sure.

“Oh come on mom, this is 21st century, you don’t have to get married to rule, responsibilities comes but not with this way,” he tried to convince her.

“Your father married me when he was of your age and ruled the country even your grandfather. You can’t break this rule which is followed over generations.” she said while sipping the tea.

“Mom ...” he started to protest but his mother cut him off, “you are twenty-three; a right age to get married and your father is not in good health to rule. So for his sake accept these responsibilities.”

His mother finished her tea and started to leave for a meeting when she finally said “as a matter of fact I have chosen a bride for you. The photo is in the envelope. I think she makes a fine princess and I hope you also feel the same.” Saying this she placed the envelope before Stefan and went to the council.

Stefan stared at his mother and finally looked at the envelope. He knows very well that his mother would select a perfect one. He opened the envelope and looked at the photo. The photo was of Elena Meldon, the only daughter of the businessman Richard Meldon. She was wearing a strapless floor-length taffeta pongee dress with loose hair and simple jewellery. She had pale skin and reflected beauty. She has a long black hair curled at the end. Her smile is like a radiant.

“Well she looks beautiful,” he thought.

  “So, what do you think,” Stefan asked his best friend Edward. He had been his friend since high school and shared everything to him. Stefan seeks advises from him and mostly consult him in various situations.

“What? Are you having second thoughts?” He eyed him suspiciously.

“No I am just asking about her,” he casually leaned back to his chair.

Edward smiled” don’t worry she is perfect for you,”

They were in Stefan’s room and Edward was watching Elena’s photo. Stefan raised his eyebrows on the comment of his friend. Edward saw that and smiled while shaking his head.

“You know, you should talk to her. I mean meet her so that you guys can know about each other,” Edward lifted his shoulders and a smile formed on his face. He has a muscular body, being same height of Stefan, with brown eyes along with Italian accent.