Chapter 16 - Harry's secret.

Chapter 16

*Rachel’s P.O.V.*

I was hyperventilating, confused, frustrated, scared, and above all, lost. Just by pacing back and forth across the room I was panting and out of breath. Harry had reached the point where he felt so alone and isolated that he actually ran away from all of us. All he left behind was a letter, with his scribbly writing for us to read between the lines and attempt to figure out where he was. I knew I couldn’t do this alone and I needed the rest of the gang. No matter how much they hated me right now for the way I behaved, they loved Harry and they would drop everything and help. I pulled my phone out, but hesitated, a single thought consuming my mind and eating away all my optimism. What if they didn’t? What if they didn’t even bother to pick up my phone? Fuck, I was so selfish. At a time like this I still thought about what they would think of me. I unlocked my phone screen, dialing Louis’ number as fast as I could.

“So are you going to tell me you were on your period tonight or what?” His deep voice spoke through the phone, sounding irritated but I couldn’t even blame him.

“Lou, I don’t have time for your sexist comments right now. I would argue against that but there’s a bigger problem.”

“What is it Rach?”  He suddenly became serious, his full attention on the words that were about to leave my mouth. I quickly sat down on the bed nearby, feeling my knees go weak from all this anxiety.

“It’s Harry. Louis, he- he left.” I mumbled. There was a short pause on the other side of the phone.

“What do you mean he left?”

“He’s just gone. I found this- he left this note on his bed that was addressed to you simply saying he was leaving and not to worry… basically saying he ran away from home. I’m so sorry for everything that happened tonight and I know that you guys hate me for the way I behaved but I really need you all to come over right now, or better yet I’ll meet you all at yours and the boys’ house. If we could just forget everything that happened earlier tonight and focus on what we’re going to do about Harry I would-“

“Rachel stop, just breathe okay?  Come on over as soon as you can. I’ll call up the others and let them know for you. We’re all going to find Harry, I promise.”

I blew out a breath of relief; my body evidently calming as my shoulders dropped from their tense state. After all that happened, after everything I did, just like that, I was forgiven and welcomed into their lives again having them there to support me. Whenever I forgot that they were literally the only ones I had left in my life, they never forgot that. I was obviously the luckiest person ever to have met them, have people who care who deeply about me.

“Alright, I’ll just be there. And Louis?”

“Yeah Rach?”

“Thank you.” I whispered closing my eyes letting a tear fall down the side of my cheek.

I heard a soft chuckle coming from his side. “Just head on over as soon as you can love. I’m—we’ll be waiting.” And he hung up.

--------------------------

I shut the door behind me; practically running into the living area thinking I would be the first one there when I was actually the last. They were all already sitting there as if they were just waiting for me. Surprisingly, the first one to come up to me was Nat.

“Rach, as soon as we heard what happened we all came rushing over. To hell with what happened at dinner, we seriously have a problem now and I’m sorry for what I said.”

I grabbed onto her hand to hush her up. “Don’t you dare apologize to me; I am the one who should be apologizing to you. Seriously, I was such a bitch back there; I took out my anger on all of you because of Harry. He was really hurt and yelled at me before the dinner but he was mad mostly because of me. I’m the one who ruined everything for him and now he’s gone, and I thought all of you would be gone too-“