Chapter 9 - Death can't come in between true love...

Chapter 9 – Death can’t come between true love…

-Zayn’s P.O.V.-

My eyes promptly shot open as the memories of last night decided to invade and repeat the episode inside my brain. I bolted upright, sitting on the bed and focusing on the cold and empty spot beside me that had once been occupied by a figure. Shit, I cursed myself, somewhere deep inside me hoping the reality of the situation was just a concept of my imagination, but I knew it really did happen. Perrie wasn’t sleeping beside me, perhaps because she had gone to work early, but I was certain of what happened. I did it again; I played with her emotions just to get my anger out. I was so full of myself and it was pissing me the fuck off.

I threw the sheets off of my naked body and went straight into the washroom. I glanced at myself in the mirror, feeling nothing but devastated. What have I done to myself, to my life; I destroyed myself. As if my life wasn’t already miserable enough, the one girl I wanted to have forever, the one girl I fought for forever was going to leave me. Not because she wanted to, because she had to and there was nothing I could do to make the tables turn. She was dying. Dying. I couldn’t get this to sink in my head, the word playing in my head and constantly nagging at my misfortune. How was this possible? I slammed my fist on the edge of the sink, the ache of my heart much stronger than the one stinging on my hand, and broke down in tears. I was done with this. Done with being tortured with the thought of having everyone I love, leave me. I wiped my tears off of my face and looked back into the mirror, the dried streams of water leaving trails behind. From now on, everything was going to go uphill and my way, and I was determined. I’m through with being a miserable freak and hating my life when I should be enjoying every precious moment I have left with my Rachel. I picked up the razor on the counter and ran it down my jawline. After every part of my facial hair was gone, it was like I was looking at a new me, except it wasn’t; it was the old me.

---------------------------------

*Rachel’s P.O.V.*

“Do you need me to get you some soup?” Eleanor asked kindly.

“No, it’s fine.”

“I’ll get you a foot rest; your back must be aching.” Liam replied, before he ran to find one.

“I’ll drop Sapphire to preschool today, you can just relax Rach.” Louis ran to find the keys.

“Do you want me to stay home with you today? Nat and I were supposed to go shopping but we can stay with you?”

“Do you want anything to eat or drink?” Niall asked.

I was getting so angry. My cheeks were red, and I felt the rage boiling in my veins. I stood up in anger. “STOP! YOU ALL JUST HAVE TO STOP! I’ve had it! This is one of the reasons why I never told you guys what was wrong with me!”

They all just stared back at me silently. I almost felt bad, almost. They were only trying to be generous because they were aware of the condition I was in, and I didn’t need that. I didn’t want this special treatment from them. I just wanted to spend my time normally with them, without constantly being reminded that I was going to… you know… the ‘D’ word that rhymes with fry. “Look, I know you all are only trying to take care of me, but honestly I don’t need it. I’m perfectly fine right now and when I’m not feeling good, trust me, you’ll know. For now, treat me the way you always have. I’ll be fine. Agreed?”

They all nodded their heads and exchanged looks, “Agreed.”

“Good.” I smiled, sitting back down.

The front door abruptly opened and Harry walked in, his hands in his pockets as he strode in with that familiar walk, observing the silent atmosphere. “Woah, what happened? Who died?” They all looked at each other again; back and forth. Of course they were all aware I hadn’t told Harry yet and he was the only one who didn’t have a clue.