Chapter 7 - "This time, I'm not giving up."

"He told me to enjoy the rollercoaster that is life, that's just what I'm doing now..." 

Chapter 7:

“Here let me wash the dishes this time Rach? You already have a lot on your plate, its fine.”

I tried to ignore Eleanor but I know she was only being polite.

“No, it’s fine El. I’m living in your house, being dramatic; bringing drama into our lives again like I used to…the least I can do is do the dishes.” I smiled smacking her with the dish towel.

“Hey!” She jumped back and laughed. “Well we’ve got Sapphire going back to preschool again so she won’t be around for all the drama. And Rachel, stop doing that. When I say you have a lot on your plate, I mean a lot. And I mean stuff that other people don’t even know—“

“El…you’re talking about it again aren’t you?”

She bit her lip and nodded with guilty behaviour. “You’ve got to tell them soon Rachel. I mean at least Louis Liam Danielle Nat and Niall…and Harry.”

“Oh yeah, at least the rest of the world.” I mocked sarcastically.

She cocked her head to the side doubtfully. “I’m serious Rach.”

“Yeah I know, I will. I have to soon. But after I’m through with the rest of the drama in my life. I mean, out of all the secrets I’ve carried in the past two years, I’ve only told Zayn one, about me and Harry not being together. That’s the only thing he knows out of all of it. I haven’t told him about my family, what happened to them, what’s happening with me… none of it. The way he reacted last night leaves me thinking that maybe…he might never know. He might not even care.”

Eleanor shook her head and walked towards me, placing her hand on my shoulder. “He’s still Zayn. I know what you mean, his behaviour got the best of him last night. But think about the circumstances he’s been through. He’s gotten through that tough time in his life all on his own because he wanted you and Harry to be happy together. He left thinking he was doing the right thing by you. That pulled him away from all of us and out of our lives forever.”

“Yeah and I think that might have pulled him away from us for literally, forever.”

“No Rachel listen to me. Think about last night. Zayn came out to us like he was some badass new guy with a new look, new attitude, pretty much showing us he moved on with a new girl a new life and he was loving his new lifestyle. With that tough guy look, personally I don’t think suits him well, but it’s only an act. He’s still the same Zayn. Last night, the minute you told him you and Harry weren’t together, he came walking back towards you, he wanted a chance to talk and to explain something because inside he was as shocked as ever. Going through two years thinking the girl he loved went with the other guy and didn’t choose him, finally being faced with the reality that she never actually went with him…do you realize how that might have affected him? See, even in Zayn’s darkest days, nothing will ever be able to pull Zayn away from you. Nothing. No matter how hard he tries, and how hard he tries to hate you, he won’t be able to do it. And that’s reality.”

I knew Eleanor was right. But the thing was I never thought these things through. I never looked so in depth into the situations. I was so grateful for my friends…

“So what now? What am I supposed to do now?”

The corners of Eleanor’s lips stretched into a smile and she crossed her arms in front of her chest. “You win him back. All that time he chased you. Its time you chase him. He did all he could to win the girl he loved. He didn’t exactly fail, but he didn’t succeed either. Maybe fate had the tables turned and wanted the girl to chase after the boy in this love story? Maybe you’re the one set to complete the story of your love together. Because it is decided you both are perfect for each other, you just need to do everything in your power to get him back.”