Don't be a Jealous Jackass

~~~~

Excuse the mistakes

CAPTION CONTEST: on the side is a funny picture. In the comments, write a caption. Funniest caption in my opinion wins a dedication of any chapter they want (save for the Parker POV).

~~~~

Tonight was one of those nights where I just wanted to snuggle up in my bed and watch crappy television shows.

Too bad for me, since Ben Collins’s party was tonight. I’d debated not going to the party because I didn’t really want to go out, but I was making myself. Staying home and wallowing was pathetic, and I was done with it. I was going to go out and make myself have fun.

After not really putting too much effort into my makeup, I dug through my drawers until I came across an outfit that would work. I shimmied into the black skinny jeans and pulled the white tank top on over my head. Then, I grabbed my red dance team jacket and slipped it on, since the party was at a beach house, and it was going to probably be chilly.

Just as I finished pulling my hair back up into a high ponytail, someone knocked on my bedroom door. “Come in,” I called hesitantly. My mom never knocked, and Thomas and my dad were out at the grocery store.

 I watched as the door to my room swung open, and I was surprised to see Jace as he walked into my bedroom. “Hey Jace,” I said, frowning, “No offense, but what are you doing here?”

Jace shrugged and rubbed the back of his neck. “My aunt and uncle went out to dinner, so I thought I’d come over and see if you wanted to hang out or something.”

“I can’t tonight,” I replied apologetically, “I’m going to a party.” Jace nodded, and I instantly felt bad, since he didn’t know a lot of people. Jace was probably going to go back to Lorraine’s house and be by himself, which sounded depressing. “Do you want to come?” I asked, and Jace’s eyes lit up.

“Are you sure?” he asked hopefully, and I nodded and grinned. Jace thought for a moment before asking, “Do you think Maya’s going to be there?”

“Probably,” I said with a shrug, but inside, I was having a girly freak out. Jace and Maya had been hanging out a lot since I’d introduced them, and for a little bit, I actually felt like a matchmaker. I felt like my mom.

“Cool,” Jace said, and I could tell that he was trying to contain his excitement. I grabbed my phone and quickly shot off a text to Maya, asking her if she was, indeed, going to the party at Ben’s house. Within seconds, I got a reply with a yes and that she was about to leave.

“Okay, it has been confirmed,” I stated, holding up my cell phone. “I have asked, and Maya has confirmed that she is going to be there.”

“You didn’t have to ask her,” Jace replied sheepishly, and I rolled my eyes. It was obvious that the two liked each other, but I wasn’t going to push the subject.

“C’mon,” I said, steering Jace out of my bedroom. “Let’s head out since the party is on the beach.”

I yelled out to my mom that I was leaving and that Jace was with me, and then I grabbed my car keys off of the hook. Jace and I walked outside, and I ducked into the driver’s seat. As soon as Jace was sitting next to me, I turned on the Grouch and pulled out of the driveway.

I turned on the radio and immediately changed the channel when I recognized a Justin Bieber song playing through the speakers. The radio is for music, not that kind of crap. For the twenty minutes it took for me to drive to the beach, Jace and I talked about his life back in Portland, where he was from, and how he liked Los Angeles so far.