This Dolphin Shirt is Sexier than a Victoria Secret Commercial

~~~~

Excuse the mistakes

Picture of Reed's dolphin shirt on the side

~~~~

“Reed!”

I let out a quiet groan and opened my eyes slowly, and I saw Parker’s face pressed against my car window. I didn’t even jump. “If you’re trying to scare me, I’m too tired,” I declared through a yawn.

“Unlock the door,” Parker said after a moment, and he tapped on the window. I sighed but pressed the unlock button, and a second later, Parker yanked open the door. “You know homeroom starts in less than five minutes, right?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, I do,” I replied curtly, “But I was trying to take a nap before it started, since I got almost no sleep last night… or the night before that.”

“What’s keeping you up all night?” Parker asked, leaning his arm against the top of my car and tipping his head down.

I hesitated for a moment. “If I said horror movie marathons on SyFy, would you judge me?” I replied, frowning. Parker burst out laughing, and I felt the blood rush to my cheeks in hot embarrassment.

“Move over,” Parker said, still laughing.

“What?” I replied, giving him a confused look.

“Move over to the passenger seat,” Parker clarified, gesturing with his hands. I was about to protest, but then I realized I was much too tired and lazy. So, I just flopped spastically over to the passenger seat, and Parker climbed into the driver’s seat. He threw his backpack in the backseat and turned my key in the ignition.

“Whoa, wait!” I yelled, suddenly coming to complete attention, “Parker, what the hell are you doing?”

“Look, Reed,” Parker replied calmly, and he turned to look at me, “You’re exhausted, and sitting in school all day is going to do you no good. Today’s a beautiful day, so I say we go to the beach.”

“You mean skip?” I demanded, and Parker nodded.

Instead of refusing immediately, I thought about it. Parker’s reasoning was logical, and who was I to argue with logic? Actually, the real reason I was considering skipping was because I’d never done it before, and despite always talking about how stupid it was, part of me wanted to try it out.

“Fine,” I said, throwing my arms up in the air.

“Really?” Parker asked, his eyebrows shooting up in surprise.

“Sure, why not?” I replied, shrugging.

Parker pumped his fist in the air in triumph, and then he switched my car into drive. As I leaned back in the passenger seat and debated how much trouble I would get in if my mom found out what I was doing, Parker pulled out of the school parking lot. A few minutes later, he drove onto the highway that would lead us to the beach.

“How exactly does this work?” I asked, pulling my knees up to my chest, “I mean, isn’t the school going to call my mom?”

“Nope,” Parker replied, and he held out his hand, “Give me your phone.” I hesitated before digging my phone out of my back pocket, and I placed it in Parker’s outstretched hand. He unlocked the screen, tapped the phone icon, and dialed a number.