chapter 10- ally or enemy?

Recap:

Aro turns sharply towards me but I see his features are more calm. “He made your mind think everying going on was funny, you didn’t really take anything to seriously right?” I shake my head. “Well that’s exactly what it is. But unfortunatly it came with his personality, he’s the ‘joker’ or the ‘clown’ if you want. Sadly that isn’t the kind of person we want here.” He finishes by looking at Connor with a dark glare. It disappears as he looks at me again.

“You must be wondering why you are here? Well I think you already know the answer to that. You remember the vision you had about us? Yes, that’s exactly what we want. You.”

*

Chapter 10

“But why?!” I answer Aro. “You don’t really need me here. Just look at them!” I say as I point towards all the vampires looking at us curiously. “You have a whole new powerful guard that could defeat any other vampire clan on earth easily!!”

“See, that’s not true. Our guard may be powerful but it isn’t the best. Your clan proved that a while ago, when they gathered all their friends.”

“So you’re just doing this for the power?! You know everyone already fears the Volturi! And no one is looking for a fight, except for you!” I scream hysterically.

“That’s enough.” He says to me with a firm voice filled with authority. “Jane, Danielle, show Alice her room. Now.”

They quickly follow their orders and walk towards me. I flinch from their touch as they grab my arms and drag me in some sort of endless hall with a lot of doors on each side. After a couple of minutes, they stop in front of one and open it. We go inside and I can’t help but to be confused as I look at the bed. Do they expect me to sleep!? I almost laugh at that thought but then I hear Danielle call my name, and it brings back reality.

“Alice? Are you okay for now? Just ask me if you need anything and ill see what I can do.” She says to me with a serious expression but I can see the sympathy in her eyes. I keep starring at her, confused. After a couple of seconds, she looks away, a uncomfortable expression in the eyes.

“What so you want?” She asks me in a harsher voice this time.

“Why are you here?” I ask her softly, genuinely curious.

“I… I’m um, I’m not… Euh.”

“Did you choose to be here?” Because I remember asking Aro I the Volturi have a choice in joining and quitting, he said yes, absolutely. But now I think I question that.

“I, well yes yes! Why would you even ask that?” She replies quickly. I frown and shake my head sadly. Why does Aro force people into this?

“Tell me the truth. Please, I can help you. I can help everyone here.”

“Oh yeah? And how so? You’re trapped here as much as we are!” Ha! She admitted that she’s here by force!

“Yeah well if we all stand together we can definitely do more against Aro than if we’re all alone!”

“You know this is suicidal Alice! We won’t be able to do anything!”

“Aro won’t even dare to kill us, torture us maybe, but we won’t actually die. We’re too powerful for him to kill, so as long as I’m still alive and there’s a chance that I will survive, I’m not giving up.” I say to her quickly, and firmly.

She looks at me for a second, looking a little taken back. “I’m sure you’re missing someone very much right now, your mate? Your clan? Don’t you think they’re worried?” I ask her again.

I see hurt, sadness and anger flash through her eyes but she doesn’t let it show. “Maybe, but just the fact that I know I’m here and that they’re safe is fine for me.”

“Oh, and ho0w do you know if they’re safe? How long have you been here for?” I defy.

“I don’t know!”

“Okay well come find me when you reach the good decision, ill be waiting.” I say as I look at her right in the eye.

She gulps and nods. After a couple of minutes of starring, I walk to my bed and sit down. I close my eyes gently and focus, but I still keep my ears and senses alert for any kind of movement around me. After a couple of seconds, vision fills me up. I see My family joining with the same clans that we fought with the last time we confronted the Volturi. I gasp sadly, we’re all going to die.

I snap my eyes open as I hear Danielle moving. I glare at her for a minute, daring her to move again. She does a small nod. “I’m in.”

My eyes goes wide open as I hear that. “You want to help me get out of here?”

“Well I’m going to do my best. Why not?” She answers me with a small smile. I smile back and nod too.

But our little moment stops there, as I hear Jane’s voice. “Well, well, well. What do we have here? A little insider clan, trying to break out of the big one?” She asks with a smirk clearly visible on her face. I look at Danielle shocked, is our plan already failing? It can’t be, I want to see Jasper again, at least one more time.

Jasper’s POV

Recap from the last Jasper’s POV:

I see Edward and Rosalie holding the other vampire, threatening him to obey them. “Bring him at the house; I have some questions to ask him.” They nod at me and pulls him towards the house.

I’m one step closer to Alice. I tell myself. I’m going to get her back, I don’t care what I go through.

*

“Get inside.” I hiss through my teeth. The lone vampire looks up scared, but nods and do as he’s told. We all sit down in the living room, each on the total end of the room. Emmet and Rose are standing in the middle, Carlisle is with the vampire, and Edward’s with me.

“Tell me exactly what you know.” I tell him.

“Okay, but please don’t kill me!”

“We won’t. But you’ll need to cooperate.” Carlisle says to him.

He nods. “My name is Richard. You must all know Aro. The leader of the Volturi, the one with the power, and that controls the laws. Well when he captured me, I immediately found out I wasn’t the first one. As I got there, he trained me to fight and find out new strategies. From who? Well that’s you guys apparently. I don’t think it’s necessarily  because of you, but I think you guys just pushed him off his limit when they backed off.

He became obsessed with power; he wanted to be the best, against the whole world combined. So he went all over the planet to find the most powerful beings on earth. He’s not done yet, and his army is already powerful enough to beat anyone in a fight. Anyone who goes there to fight is going to die, unless they’re strong enough to join them. When Alice came, I was getting ready to run away. And I did, but I don’t know anything else about her, she was still under Alec’s power when I left.” He says sadly.

Before I can react, I hear Edward gasp. “Jane?!”

Richard’s head snaps towards Edward. “What?” he asks as I do.

Edward ignores Richard and looks at me. “Jane helped Richard run away.”

“Why would she do that?” I ask confused, Jane isn’t the nicest person out there.

“She loves him.” I stare at Edward in disbelief. Did I hear him right?!

***

I got 11 votes on the last chapter!! :D ok so same thing, ill upload when I get 10 votes, but ill upload in the next week no matter what kay? :) So if I get 10 votes before I was supposed to upload, well then you get to read it faster! :D but don’t worry, ill post next weekend for sure :)

Thanks a lot for all the support everyone!! I really really appreciate it!!

Love you all! :D <3