Working Slum (HTBS)

Once again I would like to thank ShadieTree for letting us borrow one of our favorite characters, once again, Mike! Again, in no way do I own him, his perfect personality, or anything else that revolves around his character. Hope you enjoy and remember to send some love to the true author, ShadieTree! Anyways this one is short, but I really like it and hope you guys do as well!

~~~~~

"Hello how are you?" I greeted cheerfully to the upcoming customer. It was busy, three people waiting just to put their groceries on the belt busy. A single drip of sweat fell down my forehead as I nervously grabbed the box of strawberries.

"Hello babes" A very, very familiar voice greeted, "a little busy?"

I smiled up to Mike in relief, "it sure is, you are definitely making it better."

He smiled and took out a five dollar bill to pay for the berries, "I'm glad to hear that! You always brighten my day."

"Don't eat all these on me though" I warned while I handed him the change, "I'm already hungry looking at them."

Taking the strawberries he did nothing more than wink before he left and I was forced to move onto the impatient old lady behind him.

Hello! how are you?

Ding

I'm glad to hear that!

Ding

Have a nice day!

Years seemed to pass of the same thing over and over again as I did my last I customer before break. Sighing on the inside as I heard another item hit the belt I readied myself for someone else to yell at me.

"Have a fantastic night!" I waved as the elderly woman wobbled off, "hello, how are you doing today?"

"Good I guess, kinda bored. There's not to do if, well, you'll know." Mike's husky morning voice said in between a yawn, "just needed a few things."

I swallowed harshly at the sound of his voice, goddammit. Leaning against the counter I smiled to him, "take a nap?"

"Sure did, gotta stay well rested" stuffing his hands in his pockets with a crooked smile.

Scanning the two cans of whipped cans I furrowed my eye brows together in absolute confusion. "Why do we need whipped cream?"

"We don't" handing me the cash he shrugged, "I just like having some stuff around just in case, you know."

I shrugged, fair enough reason. "Have fun."

Once again he parted and I went on brake. It had slowed once I got back, the only people that came through the store where regulars. I patiently tapped my fingers on the moving belt as I waited for a customer. Zoning out I continued to tap my fingers against the rhythmic movement of the belt before it suddenly stopped.

"Hello! How are you doing today?" I greeted in a trance, reaching for the first item. My eyes snapped up and my smile became real.

"Hello how are you?" Mike smiled cockily at me as he fiddled with his wallet, "no bag please, I'll be using it soon enough."

My smile quickly turned into an emotionless tight line. I continued the transaction, "5.99 is your total today, sir."

He whistled, but pulled out a ten anyways, "condoms are getting expensive now a days, aren't they?" He smiled brazenly at me.

Handing him the change without saying a word. Once he put away the change he leaned over the counter and grabbed the box, "I'll see you tonight, clothing is optional." Waving he spun on his heels and headed out of the store.