Diet Mountain Dew - Lana Del Ray

*Alright this one is for Kaite

I got a CRAZY story off this song and I have no idea what this song is really about I just know it's catchy as hell and I just... hope I got something good out of it haha 

Well Katie, here you are, finally :)

*********

"Dew you have no idea what you're doing here, just come back home with mum and dad. You're throwing your life away, you are so much smarter than that love." 

I shook my head softly waving my bangs from my eyes. It was typical for my sister to come down to the bar and tell me things like this, she seemed to do it every other week. I simply sighed deeply in reply causing my chest to heave. I never had a good answer for her, and I knew damn well what I was doing wasn't ideal. But I loved it, and so nothing would stop me.

"You can't expect to find love here. What happens when you want to start a family and get married?"

I just laughed at her and shook my head again. That poor girl would never understand. 

"As your older sister I just want what's best for you," She continued on with her lecture, which I cared nothing for.  

"Go home Mary," I said pushing her at her shoulders out of my dressing room. That was all I ever said to her when she came here. "Go home," and then we were done and didn't speak for weeks again. I loved my job and nothing she or my parents could say would get me to come back home.

I didn't have time to talk about nothing, as I was the next performer. Fixing my eyelashes and touching up my makeup I pulled a few faces in the mirror and then wiggled into my costume for tonight. It was a tight velvet purple corset with fishnet stockings and a very short skirt with a ruffle on the bottom.

I enjoyed my job. I loved getting dressed up and made over, and I made good money so why would I stop doing something I loved?

I fluffed my long red hair a little and removed the last of my curlers unraveling the large barrel curls. Smiling at my reflection in approval and made my way out to the bar area too get a good look at tonight’s audience. 

It was a Thursday night but we were busy for a weekday. Scanning quickly over the crowd one man caught my attention. He was older, probably late thirties early forties, and he had five o’clock shadow which made him look dirty, but in a good sexy kind of way. He looked built but like he had been working all day at the same time. We got a lot of men working in the nearby coal mine here so it was typical to get a dirtier man. 

I saw him glance over at me and I knew In that instant that he would be my client for the night. Sending him a flirty smile I took my spot up on the foggy stage. I watched as the man stepped closer and closer towards the stage during my act and when he got up close enough I slid off the stage and into his lap wrapping my arms around his neck. “What’s your name babygirl?” He asked smiling at me.

                “You can just call me Dew.” I smiled kissing his neck softly. His eyes were full of lust and his breath reeked of beer and cigarettes but after two years of this I could stomach anything. “What can I call you?”

                “Name’s Seth.” He said with a smug grin. Leaning in to grind on him a little I saw my boss over his shoulder and looked back at Seth quickly.

“Well if you want me for tonight you’re gonna need to make an offer fast.” I smiled running my hands up his chest.

“Baby I’ll teach you just what fast is.” He picked me right up off his lap and set me next to him as Johnny, my boss, walked closer.

My boss looked me up and down and then back at Seth. “Dew is my finest girl here, but business has been slow today, $720 for the whole night.” He smirked making an offer.

Miners were millionaires by any means and so it was rare that one would take such a high offer so I just sighed glaring at Johnny. He expected too much out of this business sometimes.

“Sounds fair.” Seth smiled reaching for his back pocket. He handed over a stack of bills and then took my hand pulling me out the door. Johnny was too busy counting his payment too even notice we left and frankly I didn’t care. We stepped outside and into his white Pontiac and I couldn’t keep my hands off him.

I put on my favorite heart-shaped sunglasses as we pulled out of the parking lot and towards the sunset. He lit a cigarette as we drove down the road. Everyone would tell me never to go home with a guy but I didn’t want to think about their mistakes, I was craving to make my own.

Seth had a cross necklace hanging on his rearview mirror which I took and tossed in the backseat. “God doesn’t need to see all this.” I smirked crawling on his lap kissing him roughly.

I expected this night to go straight to the bed but he had other ideas…

It started with a glass of laced wine and a dirty shot. I still don't know why I did this stuff, maybe I just like the roller coaster, maybe it keeps me high.

I knew this man wasn’t up to any good but I didn’t care, I wanted him in full. I had a filthy lust filled love for this man and his eyes. He started pushing me to the bedroom when the walls started closing in on me. I was so dizzy I couldn’t even stand up and his hands were making their way all down my body. I felt lifeless, like a doll that had no control over her body and I just laid there as he felt up my chest and slowly slipped off my corset. I was doped on something and I felt light as air, like I was floating. I felt a very light trace of his finger down the middle of breasts when I suddenly the trace became more forceful and had much more impact.

It went right though my chest and pain shot out from it. I found it harder and harder to breathe but I became lighter and lighter with every throbbing burst of pain. His burning green eyes were the last thing saw before a blanket of blackness washed over my eyelids and left me alone as his soft sick voice sang me to my death.

“Diet Mountain Dew, baby New York City. Never was there ever a girl so pretty. Do you think we'll be in love forever? Do you think we'll be in love?”

*******

So that's probably not the real story behind the song but that's what I got out of it... 

So here's your story Katie, a story about the death of a stripper... how lovely haha ^_^

I hope you love it because I loved writing it! :3