Not Your Fault - AWOLNATION (Alternate ending for MSL)

God she looked beautiful, she was built up so perfectly. She was smart, which always made me wonder why she was still with me. She had this spark in her that everyone just loved instantly. 

She was perfect. 

And she was mine. 

But how long that would last I didn't know... 

I had this planned out, for a long time actually. I knew the day would come and at some point I would have to tell Echo I was schizophrenic. I would have to explain to her all the reasons I was different and why I had such a hard time accepting her love. 

I had her sitting down in our hotel room. She was all dressed up and we were alone, and I figured now was the perfect time. For some reason everything just felt right. We had been getting so close that I felt guilty about hiding it from her. I felt like I was held up in this big lie and I was ready to be set free. 

"Babe will you grab me my beanie from the bathroom?" Grabbing the purple knit beanie off the counter I handed it to her. Then laying her down gentling I smiled hovering over her. 

"Echo... I need to tell you something." I had a small smile drawn up on my face, but I was more sick than anything. I had always known that this moment right here, it would make or break us. And now I was taking that chance. 

My words made her tense up a little as she tried to smile back. "What is it?" 

I didn't want to scare her before I got it out but there was no beating around the bush now either. I placed a very soft kiss on the bridge of her nose and sat up. "Well," I chuckled a little trying to keep the mood light. "There's a lot of ways I could take this... But I think I'll just tell you.

"You know how you're always asking what's hiding behind my eyes. Why I'm so... insecure with myself, I guess, and why I act out the way I do?" I was fidgeting with my hands and I couldn't bare make eye contact with her. Tripping over my words I tried my hardest not to just throw up all over our shoes. 

I felt her small hand rub up and down my back as she took my hand in hers. "Kaden it's okay, you know you can trust me with anything." 

I nodded letting her know I understood and kissed her passionately before continuing. "Echo I love you, and I would never, ever, ever, hurt you." 

"I know you wouldn't."

She remained so calm, so collected. While I was over here on the verge of dying. 

"Echo I have... I have a disorder," My jaw started shaking and my throat swelled up. I couldn't find a way to make my lips form the word. Schizophrenia. Why can't it just be called something shorter. Easier to come out with. My eyes were locked on the floor and there was no way that I was looking up. "When I was twelve I was diagnosed with schizophrenic disorder." 

For a moment it was silent, as if time stood still we didn't talk. Her hand froze on my back and then she rubbed up shoulder blade. In one swift move she had me in the hardest, most passionate hug I have ever experienced. And all I could do was hug her back.

"I'm not sure what to say right now... but Kaden I want you to know that I love you. I love you more than anything. Thank you for telling me, you know that means a lot to me." She began to pull away and I found looking her directly in the eyes to be quite easy this time. She started smiling and kissed my lips. "I aways knew God made you special. Especially special."

There was then a soft knock at the door letting us know everyone was ready to go. We were going to a concert for Echo's birthday that she still didn't know about. But I didn't even want to go, I just wanted to stay here and hold her in my arms. 

After the concert we came right back, everyone else was going out again but I just wanted to stay here with Echo. The two of us just laid in each others embrace through the whole night. We just talked. Ehco asked me more questions then I thought possible. 

"What made you finally tell me?"

"I just wanted you know, it's not your fault."

---So yes this is an/the alternate ending of My Schizophrenic Lover. I thought it was sweet and since we hit 150,000 reads yesterday I figured we should celebrate :) 

So there you have it. I hope that you loved it. And yeah... MSL should be completely updated/revamped on Monday they 18th. By midnight. 

Me and my dad have a bet so I HAVE to get it done. Loser has to pay the winner 10 grand. No joke... haha harsh I know. So I will get that done! 

And then I'll be working on My Flawed Perfection and all that good jazz :) 

Thank you for reading and I will be off "strike" soon and there will be Songfics and stories like no other. You wont know what to do with yourself there will be so many. So prepare.