The Silent Rose [Naruto Fan-Fiction]

Prologue: 

The night falls quietly, its stars littering the sky like an endless ocean. It's silent and the wind makes no sound but helps lead the clueless souls of those who are lost and alone. Like the wind, she walks in the shadows of Konohagakure with turquoise hair fluttering behind her. Her deep blue eyes roamed the village, her movements quick and stealthy. Darkness is her friend and her enemy. It's her safe haven and her trap underneath enemies that lie within the illusions of the dark. But at this moment, it's neither. 

It's her escape to freedom and her weapon against fear.

As she walked in Konoha, a man, with silver hair and a glint evident in his dark eye that portrayed different meanings, followed beside her. His face is covered with a mask, his left eye invisible to the eyes of other people. His barrier from his emotions to mask his worry and fear for the girl whose age is not older than nine walking with dignity and pride a long with death and pain in her hands. So much she could do with a twitch under her hands and a kekkei genkai that could be a major threat against other clans who held different kekkei genkai.

"Erica," He called out. "Would you like to eat dinner?" 

Erica shook her head no, her lips in a straight line as her eyes held a dead stare. She's tired, hungry and cold but it didn't bother her. Reaching her destination is what she needed to do to feel the comfort she never felt ever since she was praised with the gifts of hell. Kakashi didn't say anything afterwards, understanding what she wanted and continued on with their silent journey. 

They take a few turns until they finally reach Kakashi's home as the jonin opened the door to his abode. Erica's breathe is in her throat, her eyes trembling in anticipation and hesitance but a light push from Kakashi helps her. In a deep breathe, she steps in. 

She's never felt so alive and safe and she's just a nine year old who's so confused and alone and it's such an amazing feeling. She starts to run around, a smile finally replacing the coldness in her face. Kakashi smiles as well, glad that she's free from stress and everything a girl so young like her should never feel. Both of them savour the moment of happiness and joy as Erica runs back to Kakashi and jumps into his arms, surprising him. 

"Thank you," She cried quietly. "Thank you so much." 

Her words ht him right in the chest becuase right now, it's just him and a little girl who he considers as his daughter finally feeling comfort and relief and they're not ninjas fighting for lives and pointless things. He hugs him back, burying his face in her long hair as he whispers back,

"Welcome home, Erica." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present Time, 4 years Later.

If the hokage could not be anymore impressed and surprised, he sure was proven wrong. His lips which held his pipe is now gaped, his eyes wide and his words lost in the sight of blue and blue and blue. Maybe it was how she walked in grace and pride or how she held her fingers and words but he knew it was intimidating, new and felt like a change that made him proud.

Who knew Watanaki Erica would change so much after 4 years of living under Kakashi Hatake's wing? Certainly not him. 

"Hokage, it is of my pleasure to be invited here with you once again." She said quietly, her head bowing down in front of him in politeness.

"Please, Erica, no need for such formalities. It's okay to drop the act around me." The hokage chuckled. In the corner of his eye, he could see her sigh in relief. She rolls her eyes and sits in front of him on a stool. 

"So what now, hokage? What's the case?" Erica asked. It was much better hearing her talk normally to the hokage and he smiled. The hokage places his elbows on his desk, his chin resting on the back of his hands as he looks at her with a mischiveous shine in his eyes that made Erica shift on her seat. 

"I want you to join a genin team in konoha's academy." He stated bluntly which took Erica aback. Both of them knew she never took a test before but held great capacity and power. Erica didn't seem too fond of the idea and kept silent. 

"Hokage? I don't want to be rude or anything but is this really a good idea...?" Erica asked. The hokage's smile widened if it was possible and reassured Erica. 

"Don't worry, they're your age. And besides, I'm thinking of placing you in Kakashi's team so you don't have anymore burden on your shoulders." The hokage replied. This lightened Erica's mood as her eyes brightened. 

"I guess it'll be alright?" Erica said hesitantly. The hokage laughed.

"I'm glad of your response, Erica. I would like you to go to the academy tomorrow at eight am in the morning. That's when you start already." The hokage smirked, tossing her a headband that held the symbol of the leaf. Erica catches it with ease and her surprise quickly draws in her face as she stares at it. 

"Well then, off you go, Erica! Go and be an actual ninja!" 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Okay wow so this is probably the longest and the most worked on prologue I've ever made, even though my heart wasn't in it anymore when I started with the present time. I might get my groove back, though. 

Also this is a re-write of the very first chapter of The Silent Rose. 

Naruto is owned by Masashi Kishimoto. This is just a fanfic okaaaay. 

Watanaki Erica and future OCs are owned by me. Mika, in the future chapters, is owned by StormyRawr 8)