Curiosity

For some reason I couldn't get his face out of my head and whenever I thought about him it was like I was fighting my body.

I felt drawn to him I was so curious to find out what he meant when he said I'd be happy next time I saw him? Why was a part of me excited to see him again.

Wasn't this not supposed to happen once you find your mate, aren't Mason and I suppose to live happily ever after?

I let my eyes slip closed and concentrate on my breath slowing down as I drifted into a calm state of mind.

I was frozen, my head was paralysed and forced to stare straight ahead, focused on a single tree.

It was tall and had moss scattered across its weathered exterior. My breathing was deep and controlled, I felt safe.

A doe and her fawn stood to the right of the tree, focused on the lush green meadow grass underneath them. They were beautiful. So placid and graceful.

The doe lifted her head staring straight in my direction, her eyes wide and alert. I paced my breathing even more to ensure that I wouldn't frighten them into running away.
A loud crack caused the three of us to freeze, and before I could blink the dark figure of  a man emerged from behind the tree, his eyes were golden.

His body shook and landed on all fours. His skin was fur, pitch black fur. His fingers were sharp now claws that had latched onto the doe, her eyes were dazed and quickly lost all sign of life as the wolf drained the blood from her limp body with a single bite from his powerful jaws.

I stared in horror at how quickly this beast had destroyed something so beautiful and pure, a large part of me was entranced with him, with how beautiful he was.
His golden orbs connected with my paralysed form, he barked my name.

"RACHEL"

I struggled to answer his call out to me, all that left my mouth was a muffled groan.

"RACHEL!"

My body shot up straight, beads of sweat trickled down my brow as I struggled to catch my breath.

"Finally!"  My mums head disappeared from my door way and I was captivated by a new sensation, the delightful smell of waffles.

"Did you have a nightmare kiddo? We could hear you tossing and turning all night.." my dad looked at me over his morning paper, his glasses resting ok the tip of his nose.

"Yea, a black wolf.." my mum placed a plate of waffles in front of me, making my mouth water. I thanked her and started shovelling the sweet goodness into my mouth.

"He had golden eyes, like a sunset.. very vibrant" my dad put his paper down and started to eat his breakfast as well, his brows furrowed as he processed the words I was saying.

"The wolf killed a doe while my paralysed body was forced to watch, as well as her fawn" my mum gasped and stared at me wide eyed, my dad just cleared his throat and look up at me with his hands folded in front of himself.

"Have you come across anyone that fits the description you're telling us? Black with gold eyes?" I contemplated telling them about the guy last night, but I knew dad would never let me walk home alone ever Again if he knew I was at risk of coming into contact with strange mysterious men.

"Nope, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out!"

Let's hope when the time comes when that guy shows up he doesn't kill a bunch of wildlife while I'm paralysed and forced to watch..

-0-0-0-0-0-