the devil needed a ride 4

***

I pulled the softness to me holding it close. I groaned when my alarm went off, "ugh I don't want to go to school!" I moaned in dislike.

There was a soft meow making me smile, "Luke." I whispered opening my eyes.

I saw the little kitty looking up at me. I scratched behind his ear, "hey big guy... ugh I feel like crap." I muttered getting off the bed. I stretched walking towards the bathroom.

I froze when something caught my eye. I turned my head then screamed. Luke jumped onto the counter meowing in a panic.

My hands shot up to cover my body then touch my bald head, "I'm naked and bald!" I cried out confused.

Something on my neck caught my attention. I leaned to the mirror turning my head and saw there was a little black thing... it was like a black swirl of some sort... almost like fire...

I burrowed my eyebrows confused, "what-

Before I could ask the question images flashes through my mind. I gasped covering my mouth, "that happened?!"

The demons... Luke biting me... I was on fire... then the pain... so much pain. But someone carried me here...

My phone went off making me come back to reality. I picked it up numbly, "hello?" I asked looking back to the mirror.

"Kayla! Get your lazy ass up!' she laughed, 'well hurry up and come get me!" she hung up and I set the phone down.

Luke jumped into my lap meowing softly. I set him on the bed walking to the bathroom. I took a shower using body wash since I have no hair...

when I was brushing my teeth I noticed I didn't have eyebrows either.... what am I supposed to do?

I went pulling on clothes. Just something simple; jeans and a shirt, I was about to style my hair but... I felt so... numb. I stared into the mirror again... make up?

I drew on my eyebrows and sighed. I grabbed a hat putting it on and got my shoes with my bag.

I had college classes; I only had two but they were each an hour long. I was only a part-time student; I worked for a couple of hours after school at a diner then got off around 3.

I walked out and heard a meow. I paused undecided; I sort of feel betrayed he did that to me... hell I don't even know what exactly he did but I feel like he should have asked me first.

I picked him up and he meowed softly nuzzling my neck as if saying sorry but I couldn't reply. I drove over to Mary and she hopped in grinning. I faked a smile, "hey girl!"

She eyed me before her eyes widened and took off my hat, "you're bald?!" she sounded shocked.

I sighed pulling my hat on as I drove, "I got tired of it so I donated it." I can't really tell her my not really a cat thingy bit me and set me on fire.

"All of it? Why are your eyebrows gone too!" she eyed me with a worried look.

I sighed, "Because I felt weird with them without hair but looked weird without them so I drew them back on."

She fell silent before started talking about her weekend. When we got to the college I got a lot of eyes. Not only because I didn't have hair but because of the cat sitting on my shoulder. I should have left him at my place.

When I got to my class, which was journalism, my teacher walked to me after seeing Luke, "you can't have animals in here." he said eyeing Luke.

I sighed leaning on the desk, "I know but he won't leave me alone, you can try to take him." the teacher went to grab the kitty and Luke growled puffing up.

He hissed slashing his claws out and the teacher pulled back glaring, "Put him outside or get out if my class room." he ordered.

I sighed getting irritated, "Mr. G no offence but I'm paying for this class and we will not be a problem. If I leave this class room I will go up to the office and sue this school for refuse to teach a paying student." I was just not in the mood.

He glared and walked away. Mary leaned over, "I have never heard you sound so in control." she muttered in a small voice.

I sighed crossing my arms, "yah... I don't feel like myself, I think it is because of my hair." or maybe because this non-cat bit me...

She just shrugged and the teacher started class. Throughout the period people kept asking me why I shaved my head, I just gave them the same answer as I told Mary.

When that class ended I walked to my next which was vet science and Mary had history. She wanted to be a historian and me a vet/journalist.

Soon I got to class and glad when the lady didn't care about my kitty but she did ask me why he was with me. I told her I rescued him and he is attached to me. She just awed and went to work teaching the class.

Soon that was all over and it was lunch time then I had my job. I decided on something small since my stomach was still a bit messed up.

When Mary met up with me at my car she was gushing about her history teacher. He was supposedly handsome dude that is ruggedly handsome or something.

We got taco bell but I couldn't eat that much.

I dropped her off at her job and drove to mine. I think Luke knew I was ignoring him because he just watched me. I could tell he felt sorry for what he did but I couldn't decide if I forgive him or not.

When I got to the diner and went through the back and set Luke in my cubby, "Just stay here and stay hidden." I told him and pulled my outfit on. I headed out to start my shift.

Just before my shift was over a meow was heard and Luke ran up my leg jumping to my chest. I wasn't holding anything luckily and caught him.

I sighed when I saw my manager coming my way glaring, "no animals in my store!" he growled angrily. I sighed walking past him and outside. I set him in my car with the window down, "stay here please." I asked and went back inside.

I finished my shift and left. He was waiting in the passenger seat as I sat down and drove. He slowly went into my lap with his ears down and his tail tucked under his belly. He curled in my lap and we picked up Mary.

"Why does he look like he did something bad and have you picked out a name?" she wondered poking the still cat.

I kept my eyes on the road, "his name is Luke, and he was caught making my manager mad." I answered and the car fell silent.

I dropped her off and she sighed, "Stop being upset, it will ruin your little relationship." she joked with a smile before going to her apartment.

Our apartments were within walking distances; that why she walked to my place the other day. She also has her own car but we carpool and she helps pay for gas.

When I parked Luke jumped onto my shoulder but kept his head down. As soon as I entered the apartment he hopped down onto the couch curled up.

I grabbed a snack sitting next to him, "all day I have been deciding if I should forgive you or not." I told him and he lifted his head but kept his ears down.

I picked him up holding him to my chest and kissed his forehead, "I forgive you... but I feel like you should have asked me... so next time tell me what you're doing... and could you tell me what you did to me and why I hurt so bad."

He meowed softly and nuzzled my chin, "I guess you can't really tell me." He purred when I scratched his back.

I smiled when he rolled over allowing me to rub his belly. We watched TV till dinner time and had left over's then snuggled into bed till we fell asleep.