Chapter 17

Two months and five pregnancy tests later, I sat on the bathroom floor crying my eyes out. I was pregnant by the most awful person in the world and there was nothing I could do about it. There was no way I was going to tell anyone yet, I just couldn't do it.

"Uh, hey. I need to tell you something." Hunter told me as I sat in the living room. I nodded for him to go on. "Well, I just got a call a little while ago..I have to go back to my grandparents. My granddad has gotten sick and they don't know how long it'll be. I'm staying here tonight and tomorrow night and then I leave." When he said that I just froze.

I didn't know what I was going to do, I was pregnant by a horrible person and the one person who kept me sane was leaving. He looked at me then pulled me into a hug.

"Hey Jena, go get dressed I wanna take you somewhere." Hunter told me around 10 that night.

"Where to?" I asked.

"Just get dressed, nothing special. Shorts and a shirt will be fine." He smiled and stood up from the kitchen table.

Jamie had gone to bed since he had to work the next day so it was just Hunter and I like usual.

"Let's get going." He told me and went out the door.

We were driving for about 20 minutes when we finally pulled into a field. It was the field we had came to at prom. He looked over at me and smiled then got out of the truck.

Hunter helped me get in the truck bed, where he had just laid out pillows and blankets. I got in the truck bed and sat down on the warm blankets, Hunter followed me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I miss being with you Jena." He whispered in my ear as we sat there.

My heart began racing because I didn't know what to say. It wasn't like I didn't miss being with him it was just I didn't want to be with anyone. I didn't want to tell him that I missed him too because he might think it meant that I wanted to be with him.

"Yeah." Was all I said.

He unwrapped his arms from around me and moved to sit down on the tail gate. I stayed in my spot for a minute then I slid down behind him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and just held him.

"What's wrong with me Jena? What's so wrong with me that you don't want to be with me?" He asked.

"Nothing is wrong with you Hunt, it's just I have to go back to North Carolina sometime and you're leaving in like a day." I replied.

"I..We..could make it work."

"I don't know Hunt."

"Stay here." Hunter got down off the tailgate and leaned into his truck.

He turned the music on and got back into the truck bed, he held his hand out for me to take. I did and we began dancing to 'Anything But Mine by Kenny Chesney'.

"I love you Jena." Hunter whispered in my ear as we danced.

I smiled up at him then he leaned down and kissed me. I quickly deepened the kiss. He smiled into the kiss and I pulled him down to where we were lying in the bed of the truck. I began lifting his shirt up but he stopped me.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked in a mere whisper.

"Yes. More sure than ever." I smiled and pulled him back into the kiss.

I know it was wrong to be having sex with him being that I hadn't told him I was pregnant by Jason but I couldn't control my feelings for him anymore. Our clothes were soon thrown off and we began kissing again. He began kissing my neck, sucking every once in a while then he trailed back up to my lips.

"Are you sure?" He asked once again.

"Yes, Hunt I am sure." I laughed.

Then right there in the field we made love, it was amazing. I slowly drifted off to sleep in his arms and when I woke up I felt his arms still tightly wrapped around me.

I knew I had to tell Hunt about my big problem but I didn't know how. I felt like if I told him it'd ruin everything. So, I was just going to keep it a secret for a little while longer.

Later that day we made our way back home and Jamie's truck was there. He had to work so something must have been wrong. We walked in and Jamie came flying down the steps.

"What the hell is this Jena?!" Jamie yelled, holding up one of the pregnancy tests.

I froze and tears began pouring down my cheeks. Hunter backed up from me and looked at me like I was someone who had killed another person. There was so much anger in both of their eyes, it was horrifying.

_________

Sorry for this chapter being so short! It's just this one had some big surprises, hope you liked!

Vote and Comment! :)

xoxo