Chapter 8

There was about a month left of school and I was super bummed because Hunter was thinking about going back to where he moved from for a job. I was hoping like crazy that he would change his mind. I would be lost without having him by my side all the time. Jamie was coming around more often now, I guess being I was always around Hunter so he knew where I'd be.

Hunter had told me a few weeks ago that no matter where he went he'd always be there for me. He said whenever I needed him to just call and he'd be there in a heartbeat. He also said when I was ready to be his girl to let him know because he'd wait for me.

Hunter was nothing like Jason, I had nothing to be scared of when I was with Hunter. I never felt threatened around him, he always made me comfortable even in the most uncomfortable situations.

"I'm going to miss you when I leave, I hope you know that." Hunter told me one day when we were sitting at lunch.

"You miss me? How do you think I'm going to feel? I won't have my own personal body guard anymore." I laughed.

"You know what I told you, if you ever have any trouble whatsoever with ass over there let me know and I'll come handle it." Hunter said while pointing over to Jason. "You can also come with me if you'd like, I'd love to have you there with me. And I'm sure Jamie would too." He added.

I'd love to go with him but I wanted to focus on going to college and everything. Being with them all the time just wouldn't be a good thing for me, I would never be able to focus with them two joking all the time. Hunter and Jamie were getting an old farm house for the time being, being that either one of them could afford living anywhere else and didn't want to stay with their parents.

"I will keep in touch with you everyday, even if I don't have much time. I'll keep you in my life." I smiled at him and looked over at Jason, who was giving me a death glare at the moment.

Jason hadn't really been paying much attention to me, I mean he would occasionally text me and cuss at me, but other than that nothing. So him looking at me the way he was, let me know to be watching my back. I didn't let Hunter know he was looking at me because I didn't want to start another fight.

The days flew by to graduation and before I knew it, it was the day for us to walk across the stage. I was really dreading it because the night after Hunter and I's party he was leaving. Even though he was just going to be in the next town, I was going to miss him like crazy.

"Okay, I'll see you after gorgeous." Hunter told me as he hugged me, we hugged for a while then we walked into the auditorium to go sit in our seats.

After we had walked across the stage Hunter and I went our separate ways to find our parents. I was walking around looking but was having no luck then I walked into Jason. He began smirking at me and I knew then he had something planned.

"So, I heard your little boyfriend won't be around much longer, then I'll have you back to myself.." He began.

"Jena, fin... What the hell are you doing around her? I thought I told you to leave her the fuck alone. Go over there Jena." Hunter said through gritted teeth.

I walked away and seen my mom and Jamie standing there looking at Hunter and Jason. Jamie had a look of hate but didn't say a word about Jason.

"I am so glad you have someone like Hunter in your life." Mom told me as Hunter yelled at Jason.

"Look here you prick, no matter how far away I am from her, I will be here in a heartbeat to kick the living shit out of you. So you better stay the hell out of her life. She doesn't need you in her life." Hunter yelled, causing people to turn and watch.

"Oh and what makes you so special? You think just because you're in love with her, if you beat the shit out of me that it'll make her fall in love with you? I don't think so, if she liked you she'd be with your stupid country self. Go back to where you came from and stay away from her. She has no need for you. You're trash." Jason laughed.

I suddenly felt embarrassed, the guy that had became my best friend in less than a year was getting yelled at for no reason, just because of me. He was not the guy to be yelling at, he had done nothing but the right thing since day one. Jamie looked at Jason with so much hate, it was scary, but remained standing beside me.

"Yeah, I might do love her. Yeah, she might not love me, she might never love me the way I love her but I will never rape her or hit her like you did asshole. Just to please your no good self." He yelled. "And hey, you'll never be able to do this to this amazing girl ever again.." Hunter said and walked over to me. He looked at me and smiled, then leaned down and kissed me. "Now get the fuck away from her." He added.

I just stood there smiling to myself, then it hit me Hunter was the only guy who ever really gave a shit about me and he was willing to do anything to keep me safe and I was just now realizing that.

About that time a girl came down the hall, holding a little girl, about 2. She walked up to Jason and handed him the baby, I was so confused to what was going on.

"Yes, you stupid bitch this is my baby. I cheated on you with her and got her pregnant." Jason yelled in my face when he seen me looking the way I was looking.

"I'd take the baby if I were you." Hunter told the girl standing beside Jason.

The girl looked a bit confused but grabbed the baby from Jason. Then Hunter's fist met Jason's face and Jamie walked over and started punching him also. Everyone stood there watching as they beat the shit out of Jason, like he had done me for so long. Until another adult came down the hall and pulled Jason away from Hunter and Jamie. Both of the stood there staring at Jason with nothing but hate.

I felt nothing but sorrow for that girl that had his baby, she'd have to go through with what I had been through for so long. I had to let her know about Jason so she could get that baby away from him.

"Stay away from him, he's abusive. Really abusive. That baby should not be around him, he'll end up hurting her." I told the girl before she walked away with Jason.

She just looked at me, rolled her eyes and walked away hand-in-hand with Jason. I wished there was something I could do about it but I knew there was nothing I could do, she was the type of person that would have to find out on her own like I did.

"I'm sorry for that." Hunter told my mom as he hugged me. Mom nodded and smiled at him.

Hunter hugged me tightly as we stood there, Jamie smiled at me as we hugged. Then Kelly ran up to me and grabbed me out of Hunter's arms and hugged me herself. We'd most likely not see each other much anymore since she was going all the way to Washington for college.

"I'll keep in touch, I promise. Hunter, keep my best friend safe, please." Kelly told us.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that." Hunter smiled.

We said our final goodbyes to everyone then headed to Hunter and Jamie's house for our graduation party. He wanted it there so we could go riding through the fields when it became dark. As we rode down the road we were all silent, a kind of awkward silence. I felt kind of weird being Hunter just told everyone that he did love me and then kissed me.

I was so lucky to have those two guys in my life, I knew they'd do anything for me and that made me happy. Knowing I had people like that in my life made me happy.

__________________

Hope you liked:)

I tried really hard on this one!

Votes & Comments! :)

xoxo