Chapter Two

My alarm went off at 6:15, with the cringe worthy noise it makes. It was annoying, I hate alarms and should invest in a radio alarm clock. I leaned over and slammed down the snooze button. I was so not ready for this day. I laid in bed, till I absolutely couldn’t no more, finally forcing myself to the shower, and to get ready.

When I got downstairs, Janet had already made breakfast. I wasn’t used to this. My mornings consisted of grabbing a breakfast bar or Pop-Tart then going out the door. I couldn’t eat though, I was too nervous for the day that lay ahead. At 7:15 Janet, Chris, and I made our way to Forks High School.

After being dropped off, I was in a good mood. I had just witnessed the most embarrassing goodbye a freshman boy could get from his mother. Going inside the building, I wasn’t paying attention and almost took the side mirror off a Volvo, I think it’s slightly bent, I don’t think they’ll notice. Hopefully.

I followed the signs to the office to go get my schedule. When I got there a pretty girl with slightly long brunette hair was already there. I caught something about her being Chief Swan’s daughter. So this was the new girl the whole town was talking about. I gave her a smile as she left, the poor girl was going to have as much fun as I was today.

“Hello dear, how may I help you?”

“Hi, I’m Brighton Montgomery, I’m new. I’m here for my schedule.”

“Oh yes,” the secretary replied, “here it is, also make sure you get this slip signed by your teachers. Oh, and this is Emily, she’ll show you around, I believe she’s in a few of your classes.”

“Thanks.” I said, and I turned to Emily who gave me a small smile. “What is your first class?” she asked. All of a sudden I felt shy and became really quiet. “Umm… Trig.” “That’s mine too,” Emily said, “you can sit with me.”

Oh lovely, this schedule is torture. Trig, then P.E. (P.E! AH!) , then AP History, Lunch (a glorious class if I do say so myself), AP English, Study Hall, and then Art. Trig, then P.E, someone must really hate me… in the morning too!

I followed Emily to my first class, she sat in the back with a bunch of giggly girls, but I can’t complain because I didn’t have anyone else and I needed friends. Maybe I could grow to like them… no definitely not. Five minutes later and they’re still going!

The end of class finally came and I got the teacher to sign my slip, and I followed Emily to P.E. I’m not going to say anything about P.E. because there is really nothing to say. My wrist is broken, so I can’t do anything, but watch other people do stuff I really don’t care about. So that was fun.

My next class was AP History. Emily wasn’t in this class, but she said she’d be back to show me where the cafeteria was at. Not that it’d be hard to find, but she is so nice. So I walked all alone into the room and grabbed a text book from the teacher and sat in the back corner seat. This way I wouldn’t cause too much commotion and hopefully teachers would look over me.

The seat was unstable and rocked back and forth, so while watching everyone else file in with the grim faces that were sad to see Summer was gone, I rocked back… and forth… back…. and forth. Bored with rocking back and forth, as exciting as it is, I looked down at my syllabus, ah, the Civil War. It shouldn’t be too hard, I did it last year, and I must brag because I don’t get to do it often school wise, I was top in my class.

I looked back up to find myself staring at someone’s intoxicating dark gold eyes, I glanced at the rest of the boy‘s face, it was beautiful. His skin was deathly pale, and he had honey colored blonde hair. I lost myself for a second, before I realized I was staring and well, that’s rude.

Mr. Gold Eyes didn’t look too happy though. I think I stole his seat. Lovely, cracking way to start off the year! The first decent guy I saw I ruined it by taking his seat. Nice. The rest of the lesson I stared at Mr. Gold Eyes back, he had lovely hair by the way. It looked soft, I wanted to touch it, but well let’s face it, a stranger touching your hair, that’s just weird.

At the end of the lesson I waited till everyone had left before I got up, mostly because I didn’t want to run into that boy again. Another teacher signed the slip I had, and I met Emily, then we went to lunch. Emily is by far the nicest person I’ve met so far, she’s gone out of her way to help me, but I think that’s because she has to.

The cafeteria looked like any other cafeteria, bland walls, random posters on the wall for various school events, and school spirit stuff pasted everywhere. Emily explained who sat where in the social class of high school, something though caught my eye while she was explaining, or somethings.

There they were, all five of them. They all looked too good to be true, all beautiful and like statues that artists could only dream of creating. Next to a petite brunette with slightly wild hair, was Mr. Gold Eyes. Then a boy with bronze colored hair, another boy that was absolutely massive, and a girl that was beyond pretty with blonde hair like Mr. Gold Eyes.

“Who are they?” I asked.

“Oh,” Emily said, “those are the Cullens and the Hales.”

“Wait, like Dr. Cullen?” I asked. Figures, they were all drop dead gorgeous.

“Yeah, he’s their Dad, they’re all adopted though, the two blondes are twins I think.”.

I grabbed some random food and threw it on the tray, paid for it, and started walking towards where Emily was sitting. I looked up to find five pairs of golden eyes looking at me curiously. Startled, I almost froze. It was enough to make anyone self conscious. I kept my head down and slowly slid into a seat next to Emily.

I ate my lunch in silence, every once in awhile sneaking peeks at the Cullen table. I don’t think anyone saw, I was extra stealth. I turned back to the giggling girls’ conversation, but I couldn’t understand a word they were saying due to the amount of giggling. Tired of this, I glanced back at the table, but they were gone.

The bell rang and we got rid of our trays, then Emily took me to my next class which was English. When I got there half of the class was already there. I went to the teacher to grab a syllabus, and then turned around to find a place to sit. I scanned across the room until I saw the little brunette along with Mr. Gold Eyes. The brunette smiled and waved me over.

When I got closer she said, “Come sit here next to us.” pointing at an empty desk. I heard a very low hiss saying, “Alice…” I saw her give Mr. Gold Eyes a fierce look before giving me a big smile again.

“I’m Alice Cullen,” she said, “I saw you at lunch. You must be new, I’ve never seen you before. That’s Jasper Hale, normally he’s not like this, he’s having an off day.”

Jasper gave me a slight nod before turning to look back at the teacher, who wasn‘t really teaching since it was the first day. Feeling slighted, I couldn’t help but think that it was still over that stupid chair. What else could it be?

Alice was extremely nice. She had a high musical laugh like Dr. Cullen, which was contagious. She seemed truly interested in me, asking me all sorts of questions.

“Where was I from?” Ohio. “Where was I born?” Georgia. “When did I move to Ohio?” When I was 10. “Favorite movie?” Breakfast at Tiffany’s. “Favorite music?” Anything really.

This continued till almost the end of the period.

“What do you have next?” she asked.

“Study Hall.” I said.

“Brillant! You have it with me, Jasper, and the rest of my brothers! They can’t wait to meet you!”

Ah, wonderful, meeting the rest of the Cullen gang. Lovely.