Chapter Eleven

“So you’re the girl, I’ve been tracking all across the country side.” she said, still smiling.

“M-Maybe.” I stuttered out.

“You are,” she said lazily, “I recognize your scent now.”

I started backing up towards my door.

“I don’t have time to play games.” she said, and in a moment was right in front of me.

I was paralyzed with fear. She pushed my head back with her index finger, and before I even saw it, she was biting me. I screamed… loud. She continued to suck, making the pain worse. Then suddenly she looked up, with my blood dripping from the corner of her mouth, sniffed the air and took off.

There was blood everywhere. I knew I couldn’t stay in the house, in case anyone came home, so I grabbed an old t-shirt, and put it to the wound, because my hand was not doing a very good job, and ran quickly down the stairs and out the back door to the woods behind my house. Running across the lawn was difficult, because the pain had already started in my right leg, so I limped until I reached the edge of the forest and as soon as I was encased by trees I fell down and stayed there.

“Help!” I screamed within my mind. The pain was worsening now, causing tears to form at the corner of my eyes. I laid with my eyes closed what seemed like an eternity, when I heard voices.

“Oh no!” I heard one say.

“What? What happened?” was the other one.

“Hurry, give me the morphine!” the other one said.

I felt someone drop to my side, pushing my hair back, while whispering a “No.”

I recognized the voices. I opened my eyes to find the whole Cullen family there and Jasper by my side. Carlisle was currently sticking a shot to my arm, but it wouldn’t help. This already hurt too much. I hissed, as pain was now spreading to my right arm.

“Jasper, you have to do it.” I heard Carlisle say, “There’s too much venom to be sucked out, and not enough venom to spread and complete the transformation. She’ll die if you don’t do it.”

I looked to Jasper, my eyes watery and pleading, “Jasper, I gasped, “please do it. I don’t wanna die, please.” I was begging.

He looked horrified, “I don’t know if I can do it. I don’t think I can.”
He was sitting there looking at me, eyes worried.

“Jasper,” Rosalie softly said, “You have to do it, she wants you to, she’s begging you to.”

“For Christ’s sake Jasper, if you won’t do it I will!” cried Alice. She was then hushed by Carlisle, who then turned his gaze back to Jasper.

He leaned over, picking me up to rest in his arms, while looking at me.

“I’ll forgive you.” I whispered.

He leaned further down to my left side of my neck and bit down. I felt his teeth pierce my skin, and I drew back my breath, biting my tongue, to keep me from screaming in pain.

He then stopped and abruptly put me back down on the ground. He stood up, and looked at me eyes wide. “I did it.” he whispered.

“I’m proud of you.” I managed to throw out, before I was engulfed in darkness, passing out from the pain.

The next two days I spent in and out of consciousness. I remember being rushed upstairs to a room in the Cullen house, something cold touching my head, people walking in and out, voices…