Chapter 12

WARNING-THIS CHAPTER HAS CHILD ABUSE IN IT

Harry's P.OV

Draco didn't sleep all night and I couldn't blame him, he just lost his son. I stayed up with him and tried to calm him down. He had clung to me tightly the entire night, holding me like I was next to go. 

First thing in the morning, I brought Ted to his grandma's and then we headed to the ministry. We were sent upstairs and greeted by a woman.

"Ah Mr. Potter, how can I help you?" She asked.

"Mr. Malfoy here just lost his son," I explained. "You see his son's mother was absent for his whole life and decided to come back. She wasn't happy with the living arrangement so she renounced guardianship."

"Why was she unhappy with the arrangement?"

"Because he and I are a couple." I bit my lip and the lady nodded.

"Well there isn't anything wrong with that and you say she's been absent?" I nodded. Draco, who  had been clinging to my arm, pulled away gently and spoke up.

"For his whole life ma'am, 13 years ago she left him on my doorstep." He answered.

"Oh well if she abandoned the child, we can get him back." She replied and Draco relaxed.

"Thank you."

"This will turn into a custody battle Mr. Malfoy, are you prepared for that?" She questioned.

"As long as it gets me son back." Draco spoke as his voice cracked.

"Alright, so I'll put it in with the ministry." She informed us. "But unfortunately he'll have to live with his mother until they decide who he goes to."

"Can I see him at least?"

"It's up to Astoria."

"I'm never going to see him again." Draco muttered.

"It'll be okay sweetheart, I promise," I whispered to him. "Thank you, when should we expect to show up for the custody hearing?"

"About two weeks is when we will start. She'll be served as soon as the paperwork goes through." She enlightened and I felt Draco tense next to me.

"That long?"Draco nearly yelled.

"Well we can make her send him back to Hogwarts to finish the year." She explained.  "And then we'll settle everything while he's there, call him out when he's needed and it'll be okay."

"Okay." Draco said. "Thank you."

"It's my pleasure." She said. We made our way out of the ministry and Draco clung  to me once more and started crying slightly.

"Hey it's going to be alright Draco, I promise." I told him.

"The ministry doesn't like me Harry!" He yelled. "I-I'm a death eater!" He sobbed.

"No you're not." I yelled then made him look me in the eyes. "I will help you get Scorpius back, you're not in this alone dragon, I promise you, we'll get him back."

"Thank you, Harry." He hugged me tightly. "Thank you." 

Scorpius' P.O.V

I didn't know what time it was when Astoria came to get me but it was bright outside.

"Are you ready to be nice?" She hissed. Without saying a word, I bolted out of the door to go find the bathroom. I finally found one and relieved myself from holding it in so long. I walked back over to her and she looked at me. "Good afternoon Scorpius." She said.