Promise Hardstone, Bounty Hunter

Bounty Hunter Promise HardStone watched silently as a small fat man headed for her, her black dark small sunglasses firmly in place.

"Promise HardStone?" The fat man asked in a squeaky voice.

Promise eyed him then nodded.

"Follow me. Agent Cassidy and Butch are waiting for you in their office," He squeaked.

Promise followed him farther, deeper, into the building, ignoring the curious glances she was getting.

Partly because she was wearing sunglasses inside when there was no need to and partly because they were all wondering why she, a bounty hunter, was here, in their domain.

The fat man led her to an office door and left . . . quickly.

Amused, Promise knocked on the door, opening it when a rough voice yelled to come in.

She did, closing the door softly.

For a minute she stared at the two men sitting on a couch, files spread out in front of the them on a small glass table, can's of soda all over.

"Butch Cassidy?" She snorted and both men glared at her. There was no doubt in her mind that they got a lot of teasing because of their names.

"Sorry, had to do that," she laughed and sat in a chair, slightly across from them, then she studied them.

They were both built like bodybuilders, their muscles hard and strained against  their t-shirts.

Roger Cassidy was over six feet tall, with wide shoulders, black hair and black, glaring eyes and a hard mouth. He was wearing all black which went great with his brown skin, proclaiming him a full blooded Indian.

His partner however was a little shorter then he with white skin, blond hair and blue eyes, His shoulders were a bit narrower then Cassidy's but just as powerful.

He too was wearing all black and both were carrying.

Promise eyed them from beneath her sunglasses and sighed appreciatively.

Roger Cassidy and Butch Carstair were both fine gorgeous looking men and both had a dangerous look to them.

"Impressed?" Cassidy asked his black eyes gleaming.

"Despite myself," Promise admitted with a small grin.

  Now it was their turn to study her, she knew what they would see.

A tall slender but muscular tanned woman with long white hair that reached to her middle back, sunglasses firmly in place and dressed all in white, though the gun she was packing was black but it matched her glasses so that didn't bother her, her white boots she wore added a very nice touch to her because it made her taller than a lot of men and she could tower over them but she had a feeling that wasn't going to happen with Cassidy.

She also carried a big white stylish shoulder bag that contained everything she would need.

"Gorgeous looking yourself," Butch sighed and Cassidy nodded.

"Thank you," Promise said, very well mannered all of a sudden.

Both men laughed at her mock meekness.

"You do not look like a bounty hunter," Cassidy said eyeing her.

"And you look don't look like a FBI agent," Promise snapped.

"Touché," Cassidy grinned.

"So down to business," Promise leaned forward and snatched a un-open soda.

Then opened it and started to drink.

Both men watched her bemused.

"Not very polite is she?" Cassidy asked Butch.

"I am very polite!" Promise protested just as her cell rang.

Setting her soda down she dived in her purse and found her cell.

Noting the number she groaned.

"What!?" She snapped into the phone.

"Yup, she's very polite," Butch said deadpan.

Promise glared at him.

She suddenly stood and started pacing.

"No! No! No! How many times do I have to tell you not to talk to the press about my cases or where I am?" Promise yelled fury in her voice.

"She's nice too," Cassidy whispered out of the corner of his mouth and Butch smothered a laugh.

"What!?!?!?" She screamed and snapped her phone shut.

She hurled it at Cassidy who just barley caught it before it hit him.

Sheesh, who did she think she was? Miss mighty? Queen Madonna?

Promise rushed to the TV they had and turned it on, going to the news.

A lady in bright red lipstick appeared and started talking.

"Promise HardStone was contacted by the FBI to help find a killer.

Years ago her own family had been murdered,"

Promise unconsciously touched her chest, both men seeing this and exchanging looks.

"Promise HardStone was 17 when this happened and decided to become a worldwide known Bounty Hunter.

She had been in intensive care for nearly a month before she started healing. The killer had stabbed her viciously  and she almost didn't make it.

Now She's after a murderer,"

 Promise couldn't take it anymore and snapped the Tv off.

She calmly faced the two FBI agents.

"My phone?" She asked.

Cassidy silently handed it to her.

She opened it and punched in a number.

When the poor unlucky soul answered Promise said in a tone leashed with fury and hard steel, " You're fired and when I call back in the next hour you'd had better be out of my building, desk clean and if you aren't I'll kill you," the last words turned into a barley controlled hiss. She snapped her phone shut and took a calming breath.

"Whew! I'll be sure to stay in you're good graces," Cassidy muttered.

"It's probably not a good idea to threaten to kill someone in our presence," Butch told her and Promise glared.

"I'm sorry," She said tightly, and they nodded then eyed her sunglasses but didn't comment.

Promise stood still as the past swept over her.

Please Comment and Vote if you like this!!!!!