Eight

"So, where now?" I ask, dropping the mask on the floor, where it then smashed. "Oops, forgot it was clay," I murmured, blushing sheepishly . "Oh, don't worry about that, Lillian," he said, smiling.

"Why?" I asked, a little confused. "Because we're about to destroy this stage to stop the Cybermen coming through here and turning the whole of Greece into metal," he replied, coming over to me. "Wait, us? What am I going to do?" I said, slightly stunned. "You, Lillian, are about to save millions of lives with your karate!" he laughed, faking karate chopping the air. 

"You mean, you want me to get rid of that wall of stone and stop a load of evil aliens invading the world...with my foot?" I asked, staring at the solid wall at the back of the stage in disbelief, and then at him, and then back again.

"Yes, that's it! Of course, i'll make the wall slightly weaker for you, don't want you breaking yourself instead of the time-window!" he replied, smiling warmly at me. "Okay then, are you ready?" he looked at me, pointing the sonic at the its target, waiting. "Yup," I told him, walking towards the back of the stage. "Right, three...two...one!" he exclaimed. The screwdriver buzzed, and I kicked the wall with all my strength. To my surprise, the stone came tumbling down around me. "Wow! That was great, just perfect!" The Doctor congratulated me happily. I went to run over to him, and felt a horrible pain in my thigh. I fell to the floor, my face smacking the ground below. "Owww!" I yelled in pain, pushing up off the floor with my hands. I went to get to my feet, and was abruptly stopped by the Doctor lifting me up so one arm was under my legs and the other supported my back. He looked down at me, a look of guilt on his face. "I swear that wasn't meant to happen, I thought I had it weak enough," he apologised, looking a bit like a forlorn puppy. "Well, I am in tonnes of pain, there's blood dripping off of my face and my favourite Converse are wrecked...but seeing as I probably saved a load of people without them even knowing and you giving me those freaking puppy dog eyes I think I can forgive you," I finished, grinning weakly. He beamed at me, looking slightly relieved but still a bit worried, and said, "Come on, lets go back to the TARDIS before anyone noticed we just destroyed their only pastime and put it in ruins a thousand years to early," he said, grinning. 

"Well, that was interesting," I said, as the Doctor put me down on the steps of the TARDIS before closing the door. "Problem is, where on earth am I going to get this fixed?" I remarked, gesturing at my crippled leg. He came and sat next to me, and just said simply, "This," before gently taking hold of my leg. I felt a warm sensation  where his hands were holding my leg, and looked down, to see a golden flow of light coming from his hands. "All fixed," he murmured, his gaze meeting mine. The energy still glowing at his fingertips, he gently brushed his hand over my face and my cheeks tingled. He cupped my face with his palms. "Better?" he asked, staring at me with concern. "Yeah," I replied, taking his hands in mine and held them tight for a moment. "Good," he smiled, kissing my forehead and pulling me up. "What an earth was that anyway?" I asked, leaning up against the console. "Regeneration energy, comes in handy, especially when i'm about to die!" He ended the sentence with a slight laugh before typing something into the screen. I went and stood behind him on my tiptoes, trying to look over his shoulder. "Where next?" I asked, my face next to his. "Next, Lillian, we go see what  the Cybermen were doing with the Ancient Greeks."