The Darker Side of Me

© 2013 Jerace2

Prologue {EDITED}

 “Alpha, the Adams family has just reached the town a month ago and you’ve yet to approve of their acceptance into the pack.”

 I sighed, rubbing a hand down my face. “Alright, accept.” 

“Well—“ 

“Yes, Craig? Is there anything else?”

Craig has been my father’s beta when dad was still alive. After I took over, the place has been given to Craig’s son, Jeremy, who’s also my best friend. However, since Jeremy wasn’t ready, Craig remained as the beta.

“Um, I do suggest that we put them under a probation period for a month. What do you think? They could be dangerous for all we know.” Craig said.

“Ok, we’ll go with your plan. I’ll let you settle that. I’ve got to go now. You know how to contact me when there’s anything up. Thanks Craig!” I patted him on his back and hollered out to Jeremy.

“What’s up man?” We did out usual handshake and headed towards the kitchen. 

“Nothing much. Ready for school?” Jer nodded and grabbed us the sandwiches his mum made for us.

“Hell yeah, sexy chicks! It’s been so long since I got laid man. Ugh!” I made a face at that. He’s always banging chicks whenever he got the chance. Not me though, I don’t have that time to do that. Being an Alpha has its perks as well as its disadvantages.

“Whatever” I muttered. “Let’s go.”

I got into my black Ferrari while he got into his green range rover. We started out engine and sped off, racing each other down the streets. I laughed when I saw him through the rear mirror as he pointed his middle finger at me. Shaking my head, I continued speeding down till I reached the school’s parking lot.

“Hey, what the heck? You cheated dude!” 

I raised my eyebrows at him. “How did I cheat, exactly?” 

“You’ve got a Ferrari man, that’s unfair! You owe me another race!” He exclaimed, and then added. “Without using your turbo!” With that, he strutted off. Yes, he strutted off, leaving me alone in the parking lot.

“Eh, come on dude! Man up, will you? You’re acting like a spoilt brat right now, Jer.” I called out, catching up to him. He turned and glared at me. But suddenly, everything seemed to disappear. I can see Jeremy talking to me but I can’t seem to hear him at all. The only thing lingering in my mind and corrupting my whole being is the smell. The distinct smell of maple syrup.

I turn from Jeremy to search for the smell. My wolf is now going crazy at the scent, trying to find our ‘mate’ and claiming her as ours. “Hey. Hey! Are you even listening to me?” Jeremy asked as he shook me. I growled at him in response.

“Whoa, chill dude!” He said putting both his hands up. “What’s wrong with you man?” 

“She’s here!” 

Jeremy looks at me, confused. “Who’s here?”

“My mate.” I whisper yelled at him. I know it isn’t his fault that I’m acting this way but I can’t help but be anxious! My mate is here, in this school with me. Her scent is literally driving my wolf and I crazy. Thank goodness my wolf is kept at bay, for now. Otherwise, I wouldn’t know what to do if I go straight wolf here!

His eyes widened. “Dude, please tell me you’re in control right now?” I nodded and clenched my fists tightly. “Not for long, though.” I told him. His eyes then widened even more unbelievably.