Chapter 2 (✿ ♥‿♥)

"Dammit!" I screamed.

Finny is such an idiot I swear! We have known each other since we were infants. He even helped me to become a knight.

Sure I would be comfortable choosing him as my partner. Not just because he's an excellent knight but his father is an influential Lord... But I just can't see myself being someone's house slave-oops I meant Queen.

I would have to give up being a knight. EW... I'm ready to vomit just thinking about it. Finny always wanted a traditional wife and thought I would change that for him.

But I've known Finny my whole life. When I was in my teens and started developing breasts I had to wear those god-forsaken training bras. Finny used to take them outside to hang them in the trees. I wanted revenge so Finny would never touch my belongings again. I became a knight like Finny to whoop his butt.

Flashback

After that incident, I was determined. I started to wake up before sunrise every day and run laps around the castle until I passed out. I would set myself to do 100 sit-ups, push-ups, squats, and lunges every day so that I would become stronger than him.

Every day I begged my parents to train with the boys outside. To be in the dirt with them and learn defensive skills but they refused. I would beg and plead and even wear those ugly court dresses they wanted me to wear but they were set and determined to say no.

I started to become obsessed with becoming a knight. After breakfast, I watched the knights with their sticks fake dueling with their comrades. I was enchanted by their grace, strength, and speed. I would see Finny's scrawny ass getting beat by the pros but I waited until I could finally take him on to teach him.

After a week of watching the Knights practice and train, I learned common stances and ways to defend myself against an opponent and learned how to take down a person in a second. I would ask my maid to secretly help me practice from morning baths to dinner prep.

After two weeks I found my favorite knight. The best way to describe him was "Beast" for his huge figure but he was as fast and fierce as a lion. His opponents would underestimate him for his build and not use his full potential.

Lance would play with his opponents like puppets making them believe he was slower by using less speed to defend himself against attacks. As his opponents got weaker he would wait until they started to lag. Then he beat his sword against theirs until they dropped it.

Lance was dashing... 6 feet and 4 inches. He had long hair down his waist that shimmered in the sun like gold. He looked as feminine as the court ladies without makeup. His lips were naturally pink and full. His almond eyes reflected the Mediterranean sea. His high cheekbones were so defined. He was handsome. I do not doubt that men and women will come to him. He was my adolescent dream husband but in reality, he was a man I wished to train with.

One day I saw him fresh from practice in my bedroom wiping his brow with a rag. I ran downstairs to the grand dining room to get a better view of the practice. I knew this was the moment.

I head out of the castle to the training area running towards Lance as he is alone.

"Sir Lance!"

A startled look on his face as he notices me a couple of feet away. He quickly squints while wiping sweat beads from his forehead to his 8-pack.

Quickly he yells, "Princess!" and drops a knee. Other trainees and trainers look over and drop to their knees.

I walk with slight haste before he makes a scene. "Everyone please rise. I have a request just for Lance."

"Anything for you princess?" His eyes twinkle as he beckons me over to a shed close by out of reach of prying ears.

As we walked over I felt my heart race and doubts cloud my mind. Am I even strong enough as a girl to take a guy on one day?

I stuttered, " Umm... Could you please turn me into a knight?"

His eyebrows rose and his mouth dropped open.

"No offense princess but are you sure? Does the King approve of this?"

My lying skills are perfect, "Of course! He was stubborn at first but agreed I should be properly trained like my bodyguards."

The day before dinner I asked my father. He said I could only be trained to defend myself by wielding a knife.

"I will take your word for it, Princess. Training starts tomorrow at 6 am. I will not be easy on you because you are a girl and a princess," he sees the disgusting outfit my mom dressed me in: a puffy, bright, yellow dress, pinchy tan flats, and bejeweled crown.

"Wear something comfortable. A shirt, pants, and boots will do. Do you even have that in your wardrobe?"

"You think they give me common clothes?" I look over at him and roll my eyes.

"Then come dressed in your nightgown and I will lend you outfits for the week. They will be too big. Bring a rope belt to secure the pants. Also, we need to work on that sassy attitude, Jeez.

I huff and am ready to turn away as he replies with a smirk, "And Abs I will not treat you special. I now consider you one of us so no slaking."

"I understand Geezer"

"Don't be late!" He called after me.

I turn around and get ready for the next day.

*****

The sun wakes me up as sunlight pours through the window. I jump out of bed excited for today to start my training. Then I noticed that too much light was shining through the window. It's 6 AM! I'm Fucking LATE. I forgot to notify my maid that I needed to get up early!

I look at the clock and it reads 8 am. I run hastily to the training quarters and forget to eat breakfast. As I finally reached the field area I noticed I had forgotten my shoes and my feet were now blacker than soot.

"You're late," said Lance with a smirk on his face.

"Sorry, I-"

"No excuses! All my men come to practice and I expect the same from you. Get dressed in the back room. The clothes I brought for you are in your cubby marked with the name 'girl.' You have two minutes."

I run inside barely breathing as I throw my floor-length black nightgown grumpily on the ground and put on pants, a shirt, and boots for the first time. The clothes are itchy but comfortable. Luckily Lance left me a cord to tie around my hips for the pants and I felt more comfortable than I have in my entire life. I run back outside as I hop from left foot to right tying the laces to my boots.

"Right on time Princess. For punishment, run 50 laps around the castle grounds then learn defense stances. Next, do another 10 laps. Then you will test your defense stance with me. And no water or bathroom breaks until you are done. "Piss in your pants if you have to," He wildly projected into the camp.

Luckily I have been preparing for this bullshit. I better beat Lance's ass. I got it. A piece of cake...

I was on my tenth mile lap of the castle when I collapsed. I was exhausted, to say the least. No breakfast... I didn't drink water or train yesterday and today I'm laying for it along with missing a gourmet meal of cheesy grits and freshly sliced bacon.

I lay on the grass hoping it would take me away from here. The grass was softer than I had ever felt. I felt myself sinkinginto it like the plushest mattress ever. The grass blades tickled my nose. The daisies smell sweet.

I was dehydrated and zombie-tired. I tried to move and get up but I was STUCK. It was as if a vampire sucked life out of me. I felt myself gliding into an oasis... My body peacefully falling through the grass under me. As I sank into darkness I felt large hands grab a hold of me pulling me out. As the last of my consciousness blacked out I knew this was a life worth living.

Corny right?

☆°・*:.。.☆†_(*゚▽゚*)β))☆.。.:*・°☆

Comment/follow/like