Chapter 9 (✿ ♥‿♥)

RECAP

I draw in a shaky breath, feeling the weight of Lance's gaze burn into my back. I need to regain control of this situation before it spirals further out of hand. With a sudden burst of determination, I push myself away from Lance's touch just as the carriage stops near the marketplace.

Lance runs his hands through his hair as he straightens his clothes. We are escorted out by guards and he guides my hand to his arm.

☆°・*:.。.☆†_(*゚▽゚*)β))☆.。.:*・°☆

The market is at full capacity for the Sound dinner tonight. We pass through vendors from all over the city. Fine gold, silver, clothes from all over the country, and the latest trends. A flower shop with dozens of snapdragons that bloom in the area. A vibrant yellow to pink ombre like the sunrise in the morning caught my eye. Along the table were roses, daisies, and brushes of lavender.

Lance steps behind me brushing his arm behind mine to place his hand on the table. "A dozen yellowish pink snapdragons."

I turned around surprised placing a hand on his chest. "How did you know?"

"I saw you decorate your quarters with them this season."

I gave him a full-blown smile. I have never been happier. He walks the bouquet  to our bodyguards while paying the merchant. The market had so many items from all over the region. Perfumes from the desert, vintage potions, and mouthwatering pastries freshly baked.

Lance stops at a pastry stand for a delicious sample of strawberry creme filled cupcakes. As he places the piece in my mouth I take his thumb and suck the tip gently. His eyes darken as his fingers move away from my mouth and he places his thumb with a piece of frosting into his mouth. Tasting me with it. Hot...

Merchants deeper in the market hold more expensive items. I stop in my tracks, Lance bumps into me from behind me. My eyes open wide and my body freezes at a ruby necklace surrounded by diamonds that would match perfectly with my dress tonight.

"Ah, I see you have been bewitched by the Grand Phoenix! It is a regal necklace made of 24 unheated Burmese rubies of 59.38 carats with the highest clarity grade. A need for a regal lady like you.

"Box it"

My mouth drops as I turn around. No way!

"That is too much."

He presses against me his hands behind his back. I feel his arousal grow as he moves closer to my back. He leans his lips against my ear whispering, "Shut up and let me do this."

My panties are a mess. Dripping. The confidence in this man is so aroused in me more than I have ever felt. I smiled and shut up just like he said. I knew he would be the man to take charge. I like it here.

My heart pounds in my chest as excitement and apprehension course through my veins. Lance's audacity never fails to surprise me, and yet I'm unable to resist his charm. His whispered words ignite a fire within me, and I can't help but respond with a seductive smile of my own.

The merchant's eyes widen in disbelief as Lance purchases without hesitation. As the assistant carefully places the dazzling piece of jewelry in a velvet box, Lance turns to me with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Consider it a token of my affection," he murmurs, his voice low and seductive.

I blush, feeling a rush of warmth spread throughout my body at his words. I've never experienced such extravagance before, but there's something undeniably intoxicating about being swept away by Lance's bold gestures.

As we continue through the market, I can sense the envious glances and hushed whispers that follow us. Lance's status as a respected noble is well-known, and being seen by his side would obviously cause gossip.