Chapter Nine

Tony's POV
I woke up and it was still dark. Why the fuck am I awake, I looked at my phone for the time, especially at 3 am?

I looked over at Jaime. Well, that's why. He was covered in sweat and shaking. Shit, he better not keep having these terrors.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I didn't know if I should wake him or not. I thought I should just incase he was having a nightmare.

"Jaime, babe, you need to wake up."

He just kept shivering.

"Hime, wake up" I started shaking him. After a bit he finally woke up.

"Babe! Are you okay?" I was worried sick.

"Tony, I don't feel good" he said between shakes and gasps for air.

I pulled him on my lap. He wrapped himself around me tightly. I rubbed his back and he dug his head deep into my neck. I started rocking him back and forth. He kept shaking and gasping for breath.

"Shh, it's okay, calm down, baby, it's okay" I held the back of his head and his hair was so sweaty. I suddenly felt my shirt get wet where his head was.

"Oh, baby, don't cry, it's okay, Jaime, you're safe."

He sniffled and gasped for breath. I put my arms under his legs and lifted us both up. I paced around the floor with him, rubbing his back. He just kept shaking and crying even harder.

I lifted his head from my shoulder and looked him in the eyes, "Baby, don't cry" he lowered his head and raised it back up by his chin, "Jaime, you don't need to cry, baby, you'll be okay, I'll always take care of you, okay?" I said, wiping tears from his face.

He nodded his head and his tears slowed down.

"I love you, Tony" he wrapped himself tighter around me and buried his head in my neck.

"I love you, too" I whispered in his ear, "let's lay back down and get some sleep, okay?"

He muffled an okay into my neck and I sat down on the bed. I tried to move him to lay him down but he didn't budge, "Hime?"

"No" he wrapped himself even tighter around me.

"Alright, babe, it's okay."

I laid down and he stayed attached to me. I patted his back and kissed his head, "Get some rest, baby" I whispered.

I felt him nod his head and I rubbed his back to get him to fall asleep. Pretty soon I felt his breathing slow down.

"I love you" I whispered, kissing his forehead.

I held him close to me and closed my eyes. Pretty soon I drifted off.

Jaime's POV
I woke up in bed alone. I stretched my arms and realized I had now had on long sleeves. Without question I knew it was Tony's sweatshirt by the smell.

I laid my head back down. The warmth of the sun through the window made me feel safe and cozy. I closed my eyes and pulled the covers around me.

"Jaime?" I heard Tony say softly.

"Yeah" I looked up.

He walked over to me, "How do you feel sweetheart?" he brushed my hair out of my face, looking really concerned.

I looked at him confused, "What?"

He tilted his head and face me the same confused look, "Jaime, do you not remember what happened last night, honey?"

I got worried, "No" I said sheepishly.

He took my hand and kissed my forehead, "Don't worry, you were just really sick but you're okay now, I promise."