Chapter Twenty-Five- Rico's Story

2015 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Unedited, first draft

Chapter Twenty-Five

Week Seven

Thursday

I couldn't leave Griffin alone. I was honestly scared of what he might do if I wasn't there to watch him. After he fell asleep, I looked around a bit for the tool he used on himself. I found a razor on the floor in his bathroom, not the bathroom I bandaged him in. The razor sat in a quarter-sized puddle of blood. I put the razor in my purse and cleaned up the blood with toilet paper. Then, I went downstairs and cleaned up all the beer bottles and various trash. I cried the entire time I cleaned. I couldn't stop.

When I cleaned everything up, I blew my nose and heard the garage begin to open. I peaked out the front window and saw a car pulling up. I yanked my purse onto my arm and quietly went out the front door. I waited a moment until the garage started to close and bolted across the front lawn to my car in the street.

I was definitely in the stage of insomnia. I didn't fall asleep until five in the morning. When I woke up three hours later, I noticed a text from Griffin. All it said was 'you left'. It was sent just twenty minutes earlier so I tried to call him.

"Hey," His voice was rough.

"Hi, how did you sleep?"

"I didn't move at all, my body is stiff."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"You left." He stated again.

"Yes, someone came home."

"You could have stayed." He suggested.

"I couldn't sleep, what was I going to do?"

"Watch TV?" Griffin offered.

"I can do that at my own house. I felt awkward hanging out there as you slept." I confessed.

"Thanks for cleaning up, you didn't need to do that."

"You're welcome. It's okay, I didn't want to leave it like that."

"Well, thanks again. You did save a fight between my mom and I. She was the one who came home." He informed me.

"That's good, I suppose?"

"Trust me, it is. Come sleep with me. I need more sleep, but I want to cuddle with you."

I groaned, "I don't want to drive. If I could teleport there I would, but I'm just too lazy."

"Okay, I'll come to you."

"You will?" My eyebrows furrowed.

"I am. I am driving right now. I'll be there in ten." He hung up the phone.

I had dozed off when my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Wake up and let me in," Griffin told me.

"Okay." I replied and hung up. I went downstairs and Griffin was indeed outside my house. I opened the door and he held out a breakfast sandwich.

"I come with food too," He gave me a toothy grin. He looked surprisingly refreshed from everything that had happened the night before. He realized I was staring at him. "I showered and..." He pulled up his sleeve, "rewrapped it."

He held out the sandwich again and I took it. I opened up the door for him to come in and he followed me up to my room. I ate the breakfast sandwich as he ate his. I lied back down and Griffin followed suit. He wrapped his arm around my waist, drawing me closer to his body. Our breathing slowed and into synchronization as we fell into slumber.