Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

“ No please stop!! What did I do to you?” I shouted at the man in front of me. But that only seemed to anger him more so he slapped me right across the face. I tried to cradle my cheek but I couldn’t because he had tied my hands together behind my back with rope that was digging into my flesh.

“ Next time keep you mouth shut. I don’t want to hear another word come from your mouth again b!@#%” He leaned down to whisper in my ear. His drunk breath creased my skin causing me to shiver in disgust.

And at that he walked out of the small confinded room he placed me in. I was closed in absolute darkness. No one can hear me. No on can help me. I was all alone.

I woke up with a jolt and I began to choke on the air I was trying to take in at once. I looked at my surrondings to find that I was in my room with Jake who was sitting up with looking at me with concern.

“ Is everything okay?” He whispered which reminded me of the drunk man in my dream. I flinched when he put his hand to my head to push away the hair that was in my face, but he stopped when he noticed me flinch. A long of  hurt flashed his face and it killed me to see that expression he had.  But in the second Jake was cradling me in his arms while I began to sob into his arms.

I know what your thinking, pathetic, and that I’m also turning into one of those mushy girls in those romance novels. But I always broke down crying after this dream weather it was with brother comforting me or by myself, I always cry afterwards.

After a few more moments of my crying they began to die down and turn into hiccups. And all the while Jake was still there stroking my hair and saying “ shhhh it’s alright. It’s over now. I’m right here.” And at those words I began to feel safer.

“ Can I ask you why you became so upset?” He whispered to while resting his chin on the top of my head. I took a deep breathe and deiced that I should tell. Because if I didn’t he would most likely keep asking about or maybe he would want to spend the night all the time. OKAY! I have to tell him now! I need to be able to sleep on my own.

So I took my deep breathe and began the story on why I get these awful nightmares.

** FLASHBACK **

“ Yes I’m almost home. I should be there in 10 minutes tops.” I told my brother. At this time I was only 15 years old. And Caleb was allowing me some freedom. I was walking back home from this party and it was 12 in the morning. And I know it was stupid for me to go walking by myself at this late at night, or early in the morning, but I was way way way nieve back then.

“ Ok well hurry home. I don’t want anything bad to happen to you.” Caleb told me with concern laced in his voice.

“ Stop worrying! Nothing bad is going to happen.” I told him while rolling my eyes. Gosh he can be such a worry butt sometimes.

“ Okay well just watch out for cars and don’t talk to strangers.” He told me. I could just see him pacing the living room back and forth and keep glancing at the door.