Chapter Twenty-two . . . Not Coming

Chapter Twenty-Two . . . Not Coming

Kristine's POV

Ring, Ring, Ring. My alarm went off and I pulled the pillow over my head. Damn thing wants to ruin my sleeping. "Tyler, turn that damn thing off." I got no answer. "Tyler, I'm . . ." I rolled over but found the bed cold and empty . . . Again. I rolled my eyes and jumped off the bed. I hit the alarm clock and stomped my pregnant butt to the kitchen where I found Tina smiling happily and cooking eggs.

"Good morning honey." She said, "hungry?" I shook my head.

"Where's Tyler?"

"He had to go down to the school, for work."

"But it's Saturday." I said with a raised eyebrow.

'That's what he said too. Now you sit down and relax, don't worry yourself." I followed her advice and sat down. I let out a little sigh and Tina instantly looked up. "Honey are you okay?"

"No, actually. I gotta call Tyler." I got up and went to the living room and grabbed my phone and angrily typed  in Tyler's number.

"Good morning sweetheart." Tyler answered cheerfully.

"Oh don't you sweetheart me. You are in some serious trouble." I heard laughing in the backround.

"What did I do?" He askedand sounded kind ofembarraseed.

"Why are you at school?"

"They called me in for Saturday detention, is something wrong? Are you okay?" I sighed.

"Tyler! Today is my doctor's appoinment we can find out the sex of the baby!" I heard Tyler swear and even more laughing in the backround.from a bunch of boys.

"I'm sorry I totally forgot, and this was last minute. I don't think I can go." I sighed and lightly pounded the phone against my head, and felt like crying like a baby. Damn pregnancy hormones.

"Tyler what about the baby?" He sighed

"Well, I mean you're pretty far along and the baby hasn't moved so he or she probably didn't move much since our last appointment." I bit my lip to prevent myself from screaming.

"Okay, I'll go by myself."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I'll see if I can get off of this detention thing."

"No, don't worry about. I got to go."

"Lov-" I hung up the phone before he could finish his sentence, and stormed my way into the kitchen to a smiling, happy, Tina.

"Kristine, is everything okay?" She asked.

"You know if I wasn't a pregnant cow, I would say yes, but since I am, no." I said while sitting in a seat.

"What's wrong honey. Maybe I can help." She said and sat across from me.

"Well, it's kind of stupid, and I'm letting my hormones control me."

"I know how that is. When I was pregnant with Tyler I could not stop crying. He made me an emotional rollercoaster, and Jessica just made me mean." I laughed at that.

"You know I can see that. Especially from their personalities." Tina and I laughed together before becoming slightly more serious.

"Now what's wrong?" She grabbed my hand and I sighed.

"See today is the ultra sound appointment and Tyler's not going to be there, and I'm worried about finding the sex of the baby and him not being there. I know, I know it's stupid." I expected TIna to start lecturing me or tell me how stupid  I was but instead she just laughed.