Chapter 7: First Promise

I suck for updating late, but I've been having a lot of stuff going on...this might seem like a filler chapter, but really, it's an insight into Nathan and Indy. It's leading up to their date. Sorry in advance for any and all typo's guys! :D

Thank you for reading my story...am i forgetting to mention something? Ah, I don't know.

Enjoy! Flowers and hearts to you all!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last night was not a good one, I didn't get any sleep and now I looked like crap. I threw a dark glare at my roommate who was chirpy and pretty as a picture early in the morning. She'd snored loud enough to probably wake her mate who was in the opposite side of the campus.

"You snore." I grumbled at her, just for something to grumble at.

"It was because of that bath you made me have." She said throwing me a wry look.

I scoffed. "What? You bathe that way every day!"

"Yes, but at my convenience, not yours. You screwed up my bath circle." She said, sticking her tongue out at me.

I just gaped at her like a fish.

"Tell me I did not just hear you say 'bath cycle'." I said.

She threw me a haughty look, tossed her glossy blonde hair over her shoulder, grabbed her bag and stalked out. I shook my head.

I know crazy people.

I scowled at the mirror and realized my hair was just not doing anything right for me today, probably rebelling at the lack of sleep. I sighed and pulled it into a ponytail holder and let it dangle half way down my back in a ponytail. I guess I would do.

Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I walked out of the dorm door and walked right into Maya.

My eyes widened. "Oh! I'm sorry..I didn't see you there."

She looked pretty today; her brown hair was wrapped in a tight bun, and she was wearing a black pencil skirt and a cream top.

"Oh, no, it's fine. I've been meaning to talk to you." She said.

My eyes widened "Whatever it is. I didn't do it. At least, not this time." I added with a grin.

She just shook her head, and grinned.

"No, that's not it. Shall we sit down?" she asked, pointing to my bed, through the open dorm door.

"Sure." I said.

She sat on Sara's bed and I sat on mine.

"I hear you've been seen around a lot with Nathan Stripe." She cut straight to the point.

So, she was spying on me. I always had my doubts that though she liked me, she was still wary of me.

"Is there a problem with that?" I asked, my tone colored with honest-to-God confusion.

"No, of course not." She said slowly.

I waited.

"He's just not the person I would've pegged for you."

She was pegging people for me? I was confused. What was this all about?

"He's my mate." I said, simply.

Her surprise was...surprising.

"Oh." She laughed. "Thank God. Okay, now that the awkward part is over, I'll get down to the main reason I came here."