Four

We should've gone to Inferno

We should've gone to Inferno. After Hours wasn't really going and I wasn't in the mood anymore after talking to Cree.

I headed home to call it a night after two hours of putting up with the heat wave and perfumed scent of sweat and body spray that was the club. The boys and I parted ways and I drove off on my own. I wasn't even in the kitchen door before my cell rang.

         Troiann's name and number flashed across the screen and I could already tell what she wanted.

         "Yeah?" I answered as I shut the door behind me.

         "You made your point, now leave me and Cree the hell alone!" The call ended before I could even reply.

         I shook my head. Hadn't she learned by now that I didn't take disrespect too kindly?

         Access to Marcus's phone where he kept a certain steamy photo of Troiann wouldn't be that hard to get. If that wasn't a bitch move, I'd have pulled it to teach Troiann a lesson about respect.

         My phone rang again and this time it was Marcus.

         I let out a chuckle. Yes, he was whipped.

         "Yeah?" I leaned against the counter, bracing myself for his version of telling me to leave Cree alone.

         "Man, are you happy now?" he asked.

         "Why wouldn't I be happy, Marc?"

         "With Cree Jacobs, Dre."

         I shrugged. My point hadn't quite been made just yet. "Can't say that I am."

         Marcus sighed. "Troy was just sticking up for her friend, I mean, you and Trey were cornering them."

         So he had been there when I had simply tried to make amends for a little disagreement before Cree got brolic with me? Or was he seriously defending some girl over me?

         I had to admit it was cute of Troiann to think that talking to Marcus would get me to leave Cree alone, as if I answered to him. Until Marcus manned up and claimed Troiann, none of what he was saying would stick. But I had to hand it to Troiann; at least she wasn't fucking for free.

         "Doesn't matter, I'm enjoying this, immensely." It had been fun watching Cree squirm earlier at the club. Troiann had done well in talking her into coming out for the evening and she definitely did well in telling Cree to dress nice. The short black dress she had been wearing complimented all that her mother had given her. One look at her figure and I could tell Cree wasn't the type to wear a push-up bra or even contemplate taking ass shots. She was all natural. At least she had that going for her.

         "Why? You're not going to get anything out of it. Cree would never give you the time of day."

         I looked at my phone, making sure it was on and I'd heard right. Cree was the same person who was friends with a girl who wouldn't give guys like us "the time of day." Troiann was acting all stuck-up and shit as well, but she was smashing Marcus. The same Marcus who fucked two sisters just because he could, the same Marcus who once had a pregnancy scare with a girl and still went out and did him, the same Marcus who was just about money over girls like the rest of us. I was the dog yet Marcus got a pass? Bull-fucking-shit.