Bethany's POV- Babysitting

Takes place after The Titan's Curse.

Today, I was going over to the Chase's house to babysit a pair of twin boys, 7 and a 13 year old girl. It was unusual and sorta weird having to watch someone 5 years younger than me, but for $9 an hour, how could I refuse?

Glancing down at my watch, I checked the time. 6:10- 5 minutes early. Right on time.

I rang the doorbell. Mrs. Chase answered the door.

"Hi Bethany, come on in!" She exclaimed. She led me into the kitchen.

"Alright, the boys are Matthew and Bobby. They need to be in bed by 8:30, no later. For dinner, you can make macaroni and cheese, or you can get Annbeth to do it. The boys can play with their Legos and watch a movie. Fredrick and I should be back by 10 at the very latest. Do you have any questions for me?" Helen finished.

"Does Annabeth need to get to bed at any specific time or have any rules?" I asked.

Helen answered, "Just make sure that she doesn't leave the house. Try and keep her away from the boys. If you hear her talking in her room, she's probably on the phone. You might want to check on her occasionally too. Other than that, she shouldn't be any problem."

I looked up the stairs where I could hear the radio playing in what I assume was Annabeth's room. My mind formed her into a mini criminal.

"Alright, bye boys, be good!" And with that, the Chase parents left.

I put on The Lion King for the boys and went to the kitchen to prepare the Mac and Cheese. Once it was done, I called the boys in and cautiously called down Annabeth.

A few minutes later, a girl with blonde curls walked in. She was tall, and strangely muscular and lean for her age. She had calculating gray eyes, and she had on a sweatshirt and shorts. With her, she brought a book and a few coins.

I handed her bowl and sat at the dinner table with the Chase kids. Annabeth immediately opened her book and began reading. The boys were making funny faces at each other, so I tried small talk with the girl.

"What book are you reading?" I asked sweetly.

She didn't answer, she just turned the book up for me to see. I didn't recognize the language. The boys, seeing my confused face, answered me.

"It's in Greek. Annabeth has dyslexia and it's easier for her to read," Bobby said, then gave Matthew a duck face, causing Matthew to have milk come out of his nose.

The kids finished eating and put away their dishes. The boys returned to the movie, while Annabeth went back upstairs.

• • •

About an hour later, I decided to check in on Annabeth. Walking up the stairs, I heard faint voices coming from her room. I wondered how she was able to get someone up to her room. Determined to catch them, I quietly walked over to the small room. Annabeth's door was cracked open a bit, revealing her room.

The walls were a light gray, smiler to her eyes. She was on her green bedspread, and behind her were photos taped to the wall.

"So, are you sure that you're going to camp as soon as school is over?" I heard Annabeth ask.

"I'm like 99.9% sure," A voice said. A voice that didn't belong to Annabeth, a boys' voice. This was not good.

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "You can be such a seaweed brain."

"Wise girl."

"Kelp Face."

"Fish Breath."

"Hey that's a new one!"

I had had enough. I opened the door wider, revealing myself. I saw Annabeth swipe her hand at a fly. I think.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"Who?" Annabeth asked.

"You know who!" I said.

"Like... Voldemort?" She asked again. Blondes, am I right? (I'm a blonde, please don't be offended!!)

"The boy you were talking to!" I shouted.

Annabeth's eyes lit up and she showed me the phone that was on her bed.

"I have a feeling that that wasn't how you were talking to him," I said suspiciously.

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "You're right. I contacted him using a rainbow, giving Iris, the goddess of rainbows a gold coin. You've caught me."

I left the room after that, I could hear Bobby beginning to yell at his brother, I claimed.

What a weird kid.

• • •

Ta Da! Another chapter!
Yeah, I know it's not great, but I'm running out of ideas. If you have one, let me know:))
Peace out!
~Cinder