Lauren's POV- Traffic

Lauren's POV

Rushing through New York's busy rush hour traffic, I started running to try and make it to work on time.

"Excuse me"

"Pardon me"

"Well then maybe next time, you'll move"

"Excuse me"

As I was shouting out my apologies, I ran right into him.

"Omigosh! I'm so sorry!" I cried as papers went flying.

"Oh gods, it's fine," the boy said, jumping up for a graph.

I looked up at him. His dark hair was swept to one side, and his eyes were green.

A grabbed the last of the papers on the sidewalk and stuffed them in a light gray back pack. I quickly made sure my brown hair was decent enough and that there were no mascara clumps covering my hazel eyes.

"I'm so sorry about that," I said politely.

"It's no problem." The boy brushed off his jeans and was about to take off.

"Hey, what's your name? And where are you off to in such a hurry?" I asked, trying to make conversation. Maybe this was my chance to get a boyfriend. He looked my age, 22. I could bring him to family reunions and my aunt will stop questioning me.

The boy looked taken back, "Uh... I'm Percy and I'm taking this backpack over to my wife, Annabeth. She left it at our house and I'm running it over to the office."

Holy crap! You're twenty-two and married?!

Percy seemed angered at me. Oh shit, did I say that aloud?

"We've been through a lot together, and I love her more than you could ever know. For some one who doesn't know me, you sure are quick to judge."

And with that, Percy stalked off.

Well, so much for finding some one to take to family reunions.

I sighed and looked at my watch. 9:56. And I was late to work too.

Hey! Thanks for reading! I'll try to upload as often as possible.
~Cinder