Close Encounter; The Teigan Files

"Are you sure that you're okay to go to work today Teigan?"asked Camden as I entered the kitchen with my laptop bag trailing behind me on the wooden floors. He is still worried and I'm still in pain. But it's Monday and I need to go to work.
     "Yes Camden. I'm okay. Really." He looked at me as he struggled to put on his tie. I rolled my eyes, put down my stuff ad helped him. "I promise that if I'm in any pain I will call you, I won't drive or anything. Deal?" He stared at me for a while scanning my face as I finished tying his tie and patted his buff chest.
    "Oh alright,"he sighed,"you look lovely by the way." I looked down at my apparel. I had on a teal blazer and a off white camisole with a pair off white pants. My hair was simple. All I had done was to take a small amount of hair from each side of my head and clip them together in the middle of my head. I had on light jewelry as well.
    "Thank you. You look quite distinguished yourself."
    "Thank you. Let me help you to your car before you leave. Well, can I?" I chuckled slightly. I like when he's all polite.
    "Yes you can." He picked up my laptop bag, the files I had in my hand and my car keys and walked out the front door after switching off the alarm. I took up my handbag and my cup of coffee and went out after him. When I got out, my stuff were already loaded into the front and back seat. "Thank you, Cam." His eyes lit up.
     "You're, you're welcome." He kissed my forehead. I sat in the car and drove off as he waved me good bye.

***********************

     The walk from the elevator to my office felt like the longest walk of my life. I was in so much pain that didn't feel like it would go away for now. When I closed my door and put down my stuff I sat. The seat felt like heaven. I immediately got to work after making myself as comfortable as possible. I scanned through programs, started developing another and painfully delivered a set of files.

Knock. Knock.

     "Come in,"I said while typing away on the desktop, and fixing up part of my future company to which I have given no name as yet on my laptop. I pushed down the screen when I saw it was Mr.Josephs.
     "Hi Mrs.Saunders - Hyworthy. My assistant is out sick today and I was wondering if you would be able to accompany me to a meeting today about ten minutes away from here." I looked up at him standing in front of my desk. I really was almost done with my work for today and the meetings don't normally take long. But I can barely walk and- "Please? I'd really like your input even if you will mostly be taking minutes, they know no f you and your work and your input will be valued." He added. But I still could barely walk.
       "I'm having a little problem with my mobility,"I explained. Concern painted his face.
       "Really? How come?" Okay, I certainly can't tell him that.
       "You know what I can handle it." He smiled like a child who just got candy from his Mommy.
       "Great. We leave in five."
       "Okay Mr.Josephs. I'll be ready." When he left I slowly shut down my computer and put my laptop to sleep. I took I unplugged it, took it up along with my phone and locked my handbag in my desk. I breathed. Opened the door and painfully made my way to the elevator with Mr.Josephs at my side, watching my every move. We entered the elevator alone and then my phone started to ring. It was Camden. I answered and put the phone to my ear.
      "Yes Camden?" I answered.
      "Hi chéri, you doing okay?"he asked.
      "Yes I'm fine. Aren't you supposed to be in a meeting now?"
      "Yes but I wanted to check up on you. Need me to bring you lunch?"
      "Would you?"
      "Yeah, of course. I know you're still in pain even though you don't want to admit it. I don't want you to have to do all that walking." I sighed and rolled my eyes.
       "Alright. Thanks." The elevator dinged as we arrived at the ground floor. "I gotta go though Cam. See you at home."
       "Oh okay. I'll get it to you by one."
       "No problem,"I said as I stepped out of the elevator.
       "Bye Love."
       "Bye Camden." I hung up the phone just in time to see Mr.Josephs storm past me with an angry demeanor. What slapped him in the face?

**************************

      The meeting went well, apart from Mr.Josephs being slightly upset and some of the men being sexist towards my input, it went well, and I'm not being sarcastic. I opened my office as Mr.Josephs stormed pass me once again, to see an infuriated Camden. I closed the door.
     "Where the hell have you been?"he yell whispered quite angrily.
     "At a meeting. Why? And why are you mad?"
     "Because you failed to mention this to me. It was careless. Suppose something happened to you Teigan. The hell is wrong with you?!"
     "Can we not do this now? You're upset for nothing."
     "We will do this now. Wife,"he spat out harshly.
     "You have a serious problem,"I told him calmly as I sat in my chair, still in pain that was slowly but surely going away.
     "I have no issue. You do. Why can't you just not show attitude for one damn second in your life?!"
     "Camden shut up and get out. I have work to do. I'm not showing you any damn attitude."
      "You say that and you're still showing attitude. You know what, fuck it. See you at home." I look over at the Caesar Salad and flavoured water that sat on my desk.
      "Thanks Camden."

    I swear he has a period. I didn't do a damn thing. He better not touch me when I get home. I swear I'll blow a fuse.

***********************

Yes yes early update. Its for a reason thou. Love uu all very much. Member to vote and comment. I'd hate to nd o wat I did at chpt 10 again so please. Anyways its like 11:19 rn ad im still wide awake watching Fast and Furious (again)and writing at the same time... Its awesome. Still. R.I.P Paul Walker. Anyways. Lateerrrr daaaaayyyyyzzzz!!!!

-Naomi ♡