Stubborn; The Camden Files

I've been awake from six-thirty this morning. It is now seven fifteen and I hear Teigan's bedroom door open and her footsteps pass my door, signaling that she isn't ready. Otherwise, her heels would have been heard. I waited a while and then I went downstairs to her. When I saw her, her back was facing me, she was wearing short shorts and a big red hoodie. Her toe nails were painted red and her hair was in a very messy bun. Attraction? Maybe just slight one. I mean her body is astounding.
     "Good morning ma femme."
    "Good morning Camden." I could tell I slightly frightened her. She seemed to have been preparing a milkshake.
     "Going to work?" I asked as she glided gracefully across the kitchen. Going between the fridge, the fruit basket, the cupboard and the blender.
     "It is Tuesday. I have no choice yet."
      "What do you mean yet?" She froze for exactly four seconds and then her body went back in motion.
     "What are you talking about?"
     "What do you mean by you have no choice yet?"
     "Nothing necessarily."she said trying to play it off not realizing that am already too suspicious to fall for that shit.
     "I'm fucking serious. What did you mean?"
     "I don't care how serious you are. You could be orgasm serious for all I care. I meant nothing. Comprendre? "Did she really just talk back to me. Wait did she really just say that?! I opened my mouth to speak and she rolled her eyes and walked out. Now I was absolutely furious. I walked towards her, grabbed her wrist, pulled her back and pushed her up against the nearest wall. Her breath hitched.
     "Don't back chat me Teigan and dear you not walk away from me when I'm speaking to you. Are we clear." She looked unfazed. The first woman that looked unfazed when I spoke to her in such a way. My secretary would look like she wanted to cry if I did so. Stupid woman. I felt a sharp pain to my member and I doubled over. She kicked me in my genital and it hurt like a bitch. My palms flew to the area as she towered over me.
      "No. But I hope we are clear on this. I'm not your child so keep your thoughts to yourself and don't ever touch me like that again or I swear next time it won't just be a knee to the balls." And then her figure was no longer looming over me. This woman is going to be the death of me.

Literally.

     The last sign I saw or rather heard from her, was her heels on the wooden floor and the front door opening and closing it. When it opened again I knew it was Yohan, my bodyguard. Which even though I was in deep pain, reminded me that I needed to get one for my bitch that lives upstairs.
"Sir?"

-------------------------------------

     I'm here at work and two words keep running through my head. The two out of the many words that were never supposed to meet. Teigan- work. Teigan - work. I don't know why she had to go get that dumb job. It's just rubbish. Women must not work. They have no use but to produce and clean and cook. Work? I scoff to that. Yet Teigan dares to prove she can and follow the same foolish paths of her friends.And what about that mysterious yet? That preposterous yet? That daring yet? That impish yet? I admit she is a strong woman to react to me in a way no other feeble being has and I am nothing else but attracted to her body. 

Her personality is almost intolerable.

     I can no longer concentrate. All i'm doing is pondering on that woman called my wife and her treacherous deeds and feisty attitude, all encased in one curvaceous flexible body. Why did the Lord create this mix. I happen to feel that she feels the same towards me which infuriates me even more. More over, why did she have to be the one I was ordered to marry?!
     "Camden!"shouted my best mate Ian.
     "What?"
     "What's wrong with you?! You've been sitting there while I've been calling you for the last five minutes!" I put my head in my hands.
     "Sorry Ian, now what is the problem?"
     "Your little sister is here." Brooke? Why is she here?
     "Send her in." In a couple seconds, my sister came through the door. She had long brown hair and blue eyes like mine, she was annoyingly very attractive, and by had boys and men drooling over her. To my annoyance.
     "Hi Cam,"she said. She was the only one to call me Cam. She actually used it because she couldn't pronounce my name when we were younger. I smiled at the thought.
     "Hey Brookie." She is the only person in my family that I don't want to decapitate right now. I pulled my sister in for a hug. We were always close. Its amazing actually. She is the total opposite of me, mom always laughed at the fact. Haven't heard that in a while."What you need?"
     "What do I need? What's up with you?"
     "Nothing. Why do you ask?"
     "I heard Ian. What is the matter?"
     "Teigan."
     "Teigan? What did she do? She is amazing!" I scowled at my sister's comment.
     "She applied for a job without my consent and got it." Brooke rolled her eyes.
      "So?"
     "So! She's married she doesn't need to work. She shouldn't work rather."
     "That is a heavily sexist comment brother dear." She told me. How is it sexist?!
     "No it's not."
     "Whatever. But you too are married by law. You barely act like a married couple anyways so why do you care?" She was right. Why do I care. We are married but we aren't "married".
     " I don't."
     "So leave it alone." I looked at my sister. Her true words annoy me.
     "Lunch?"
     "Please." And we left after I told my secretary to make a quick  reservation.
     Upon arriving and being seated at the restaurant, I became very protective of my little sister. Boys and men were gawking at her and scanning her body. What are they dogs? I rushed her inside, much to her dismay as she nearly fell over.
     "Camden, I'm fine."
     "You are so blind." She pushed her eyebrows together. We ordered and talked and laughed. Being with Brooke always lightened my mood. She was such a bubbly young lady, you just had to smile around her. And you can never stay mad at her, I tried. Sad mistake. "So any boys are worthy of your love and affection yet?" I asked her. She smiled.
     "One. But i'm not telling you who he is. Next thing you know you're  doing background checks on him." I scoffed.
     "Nooooo. I have people to do that for me." She lightly slapped my fore arm. That's when Teigan walked in with a many accompanying her.
     "What you looking at brother?"
     "Um, nothing. Continue." Brooke spoke while I watched Teigan's movements. She hasn't seen me yet and I hope she didn't until I wanted her to. The man put his hand in the small of her back and guided her to their table.

He touched her.

     He pulled her chair out and helped her sit down then sat himself and they started to talk. She didn't seem uncomfortable at all and she wasn't taping away on her phone like she does when I take her out. Then again we are always meeting someone. They talked and laughed and-
     "Cam? Are you listening to me?" I looked at me worried sister. "Are  you okay? You're turning red."
     "I'm fine. Keep going I am listening to you. Yes the boy's name is K'Leb and he is quiet and all. I'm listening continue." She smiles faintly a an d blushes a little. "You can blush? Wow." She slaps me lightly. While she speaks, I took up my phone and dialed Teigan's number. She looked at the phone and then went back to speaking to the man. I have to stop this so called rendez-vous. I called her gain and she didn't pick up. How dare she ignore me. How insolent of her! The man put his hand on her hand and she smiled and drew it away and reached for her phone. I texted her. Our conversation went something like this:

CH to Teigan Saunders - Hyworthy : Where are you?

TSH to Camden Hyworthy : Why do you care?

CH to Teigan Saunders - Hyworthy : Answer my question. Where are you?

TSH : At work.

CH : Liar. I can see you.

TSH : What?

CH : Look to your left.

     Her head raised from her phone and she scanned her left until she saw me, while answering the man quickly. She said excuse me and went back to her phone.

TSH : Oh? So you're stalking me now?!

CH : Oh darling I would never dream of it. I just happened to come to lunch with my sister and see you here with that sorry excuse for a man.

TSH : Good bye Camden.

CH : I'm not finished speaking with you Teigan.

     She didn't answer me after that and then I called her and she answered when the man stepped away from the table. By now Brooke had figured out why I was red with fury and anger and excused herself and went to the bathroom.
     "Who is that man?!" I asked her.
     "Someone, why do you care?"she countered.
     " Ce que vous essayez de le faire?!"
     "Rien! Rien tout! "
     "And i'm supposed to believe that?!"
     " Oui idiot il est mon patron! "
     " And so?! He isn't supposed to touch you I am!"
     "And when did you care about people touching me?!" Her boss started to head back to the table.
     "Go home."
     "No!"
     "Go. Home. Teigan. Saunders. Hyworthy. Now."
     "No."and she hung up the phone. The fuck?! Who the fuck does she think she is?! I started to get up but two arms pushed me down.
     "No. Don't," said Brooke, "She'll hate you more. I still don't understand why you care." Me either! This woman infuriates me I tell you! Oh fuck it.
     " Come on Brooke we are leaving."
     "Good idea." I can no longer sit here and watch this profanity. When she gets home, I will fix her shrew like behavior.

----------*******---------*******---------*******---------*******---------*******--------

Glossary- Chapter 8

Rien tout- Nothing at all
Mon Patron- My boss
Rendez-vous- Date